WorldMate Inc. the world’s #1 leader in mobile travel services with over 4 million active ... BlackBerry News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

WorldMate Launches ver. 3.0 of Popular Travel App

Advertisement

WorldMate Inc. the world’s #1 leader in mobile travel services with over 4 million active customers worldwide today announces the WorldMate Live for BlackBerry Version 3.0. The new version integrates community-led local search service by Yelp, calendar synch & hotel booking improvements, and rail support in automatic itinerary generation.

Yelp Local Search Services:
    Integration of Yelp’s free public API into the WorldMate application allows users to perform community-led local searches for restaurants, night life and shopping based upon the user’s current location, near his itinerary location or by selecting another city manually (limited to the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and Ireland). The results are sorted by distance from search location, unless the search location is not exact, in which case the results will be sorted by rating. The user can narrow-down the search by selecting a category. Search results are listed and the details such as address, phone number (with a click-to-call action), map and more are available to the user. By selecting ‘More Details’ option, the item will open and appear on the mobile Yelp website.

Cal Sync Changes:
    The Calendar sync automatically integrates the different time zones the user will be traveling to and will synch the calendar with the appropriate time zone. The cal sync changes will help the user use the “Calendar Synchronization” feature without any reflection on the user’s calendar when in a different time zone.

Hotel Booking Improvements:
    WorldMate’s Hotel booking service was already available for both free and Gold users. In the improved version, hotels now appear in a list layout with thumbnail images and include special offer notifications. The hotel list is arranged according to the WorldMate optimization engine, which takes into consideration all of the user’s preferences, as well as the distance from the
    selected landmarks. The user can also sort hotels by specific criteria: Price, distance, star rating.

Rail Support in Automatic Itinerary Generation:
    WorldMate’s parsing system now supports rail booking confirmations. Users can forward confirmation emails from Amtrak, Eurostar, TheTrainLine and others and have these bookings automatically integrated in their itineraries – just like flight, hotels and car rentals.

Map & Directions:
    The “Map & Directions” feature opens the BB map service instead of a static map.

WorldMate is also available on iPhone and other Symbian phones but the current integration is happening on BB first.

read more

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Downloaded it, it appears to run down the battery, 'cos it si constantly updating the phones gps location, can see this is the case in the event log. Did a battery pull and it stopped, but once the program is started again get the same problem. Went through all the settings and could see any way of turning off location update, which I believe is part of the Yelp option.

Anyone else seen this?

1 week later:
    I contacted worldmate support on Saturday about this problem. The following day I had a reply to download an update which fixed the problem I was having. How's that for customer service. I am extremely impressed!!
    BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100
    Last edited by dushdavj; 10-13-2009 at 01:23 AM.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Worldmate Rocks!