Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Got the urge for a new toy? Can't afford the HUGE price tags on the ... BlackBerry News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

White Housing for the BlackBerry Bold

Advertisement

Got the urge for a new toy? Can't afford the HUGE price tags on the new devices? Why not just change the housing? It's like having a brand new toy! The link to this site was sent to me awhile back and I filed it away for a rainy day. I love the black bezel/ball combo I have on my bold already, but as some of you may already know, I'm obsessed with white electronic devices This will be my second white BlackBerry and I must say, so far I am loving it! I already had people questioning me constantly about my black bold, I can't even imagine how many I will get now!

Truesupplier.com (located in Hong Kong) has everything you could possibly think of if you are trying a "do-it-yourself" mod job on your BlackBerry. They have full housings or piece it out by adding a colored keyboard or new colored trackball (they even have the trackballs with matching rings). I just bought this on Sept. 2nd, and it arrived yesterday (so shipping is less than two weeks) and logging on to the site this morning popped up a window that 400+ items had been added since my last visit!

The white Bold full housing combo will run you $35.99 and includes:
    Full housing x 1 (inlcude front cover 1,middle cover 1,battery cover 1)
    Bottom cover x 1
    Keyboard (QWERTY version) x 1
    Sticker x 1
    Door lock latch x 1
    Free T5 x 1
    Free opening tools x 1

(click the attachment for larger image - sorry wap users)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 09-15-2009 at 03:32 PM.

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    Looks great Cherri!!! Seriously thinking about this for my bold... Or the full green housing on True Supplier
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.297 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

dakid2k6 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Looks awesome. I'm going to check out the site myself. BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.297 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102
    Last edited by dakid2k6; 09-15-2009 at 09:24 PM.

Schirripal no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2096c6ec
    now u need a Cherry Trackball
    RedCurv07

9of13 no está en línea Theme Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    i see "Berry White" is back! LOL
    For my theme blog, remember....
    Resistance Is Futile

PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by Schirripal View Post
    now u need a Cherry Trackball
    OOH! good idea the black trackball doesn't look that great and im not sure where the original clear/white one is ...

Schirripal no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2096c6ec
    you can get them at cnn.cn i think get the solid red or the clear red
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    OOH! good idea the black trackball doesn't look that great and im not sure where the original clear/white one is ...
    Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.15655/960; U; en) Presto/2.2.0

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Berry White is Back. Woot! I love looking at all the cool stuff from that site
    BlackBerry8900/5.0.0.190 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

KriK no está en línea Stack level 3
    Wow! I was excited when I got the black Bold setup. This is pretty amazing though. I think I'll order it and put it on my new Bold that's coming this week.

I just today received the black parts for my new phone and now I'm going to have to determine which one to use... Lol. I wonder if an amazing theme from Cherri will help push me either way. ;-)
    I believe in paying for quality products!
    Support PinStack.com by getting a premium membership.
    Click HERE for your membership options

Meyefull no está en línea Stack level 2
    I did this to my blackberry bold months ago. I love the all white look. Unfortunately did not get it for that low price :s
    white on white rocks!

klgmd no está en línea Stack level 3
    The picture you posted looks more like a grayish beige. Is that just reflection or is it an "off white" color?

Female_MC no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A2C570
    Hey cherry question for you. I just changed my housing today I wasn't able to do the trackball because I didn't have tweezers, but I have a screen to match mine like your white one where it says "Blackberry" and the led can be seen any pointers to change that screen I didn't want to mess it up so I just left it as is. Mine is purple I will post pics ASAP for my fellow stackers as well.
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I want this for my 8900 but I dunno if it would be as easy to transfer everything from my original unit to this one. It just looks soooooooooo hoooooooooooooot. Holy guacamole!!!

What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by KriK View Post
    Wow! I was excited when I got the black Bold setup. This is pretty amazing though. I think I'll order it and put it on my new Bold that's coming this week.

I just today received the black parts for my new phone and now I'm going to have to determine which one to use... Lol. I wonder if an amazing theme from Cherri will help push me either way. ;-)
    you know i'll hook you up
    and just so you know, this was MUCH easier than swapping the bezel. take out the 6 screws, pry it open (oh and the tool they send would have been GOD sent if I would have had it first time around on the black bezel swap) and swap. put screws back in and put sticker on and you're done!

Quote Originally Posted by Meyefull View Post
    I did this to my blackberry bold months ago. I love the all white look. Unfortunately did not get it for that low price :s
    white on white rocks!
    i couldn't believe it was so cheap. piecing out the parts for a 83xx housing on CNN was a lot more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by klgmd View Post
    The picture you posted looks more like a grayish beige. Is that just reflection or is it an "off white" color?
    open the larger image. its better quality. the send/bb/back/end keys are a little "off" but not in color, its the transparency. can't put my finger on it, but its not enough of a difference to mean much
    What I DO NOT like is when the keyboard lites up, the "cut out" of the letters/numbers on the keys look weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Female_MC View Post
    Hey cherry question for you. I just changed my housing today I wasn't able to do the trackball because I didn't have tweezers, but I have a screen to match mine like your white one where it says "Blackberry" and the led can be seen any pointers to change that screen I didn't want to mess it up so I just left it as is. Mine is purple I will post pics ASAP for my fellow stackers as well.
    so the little sticker covers up the led? ugh .. if it was me, I'd just leave it. Is it too difficult to make out the red/green?

Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    I want this for my 8900 but I dunno if it would be as easy to transfer everything from my original unit to this one. It just looks soooooooooo hoooooooooooooot. Holy guacamole!!!
    the downside to the 8900 set is that the middle keys (send/bb/back/end) are not available in white (yet)

Female_MC no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A2C570
    Hey cherry thanks for your reply. See that's the thing my purple part where yours is white where the LED is its actually plastic not a sticker. I guess it can be replaced but mine isn't a sticker its plastic all the way like they want me to dismantle my screen to put in on lol. I can always grab a sticker from ebay or truesuppliers lol no worries. If you want to see a pic just shoot me an add on bbm or PIN me. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast