Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

what version of DM are you running? maybe you should uninstall it and try a ... BlackBerry News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Advertisement

what version of DM are you running? maybe you should uninstall it and try a fresh re-install? when you say you uninstall the OS, are you doing it from the CP on your pc?

i know that recently, i upgraded the OS on my pearl to .55 and DM 4.3 didn't want to recognize it. so i had to upgrade to DM 4.5. maybe that is your issue?

qbangringo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302C0803
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I know I am using the desktop manager version that came with the phone. I uninstalled yes from Control Panel and as well I did a restore to my computer even. So far no luck with getting the application loader to work with this device!

PIN/ID
    302C0803
    Where do I go to get Desktop Manager 4.5 cause the site where I am at does not have DM 4.5

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by qbangringo View Post
    Where do I go to get Desktop Manager 4.5 cause the site where I am at does not have DM 4.5
    It's on the Blackberry.com web site.

PIN/ID
    302C0803
    I need help.

For some reason I have done everything and I can either connect to the desktop manage to sync but not install apps, or I am unable to even recognize the phone on the computer. This happens after installing the OS on the computer.

I have even tried to upgrade to DM 4.5 and with no success.

I need help to figure thisout. I have been going at this for a few days trying many different things and nothing. I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, rebooting, deleting the vendor.xml file, i have done mostly everything and I have followed the instructions.

what is going wrong?

I need help.

For some reason I have done everything and I can either connect to the desktop manage to sync but not install apps, or I am unable to even recognize the phone on the computer. This happens after installing the OS on the computer.

I have even tried to upgrade to DM 4.5 and with no success.

I need help to figure thisout. I have been going at this for a few days trying many different things and nothing. I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, rebooting, deleting the vendor.xml file, i have done mostly everything and I have followed the instructions.

what is going wrong?
    Are you running XP or Vista on your PC?

You said earlier you used to have an 8320. Go into Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs and delete EVERYTHING that says either BlackBerry Desktop Software or BlackBerry Device Software. It kind of sounds like you might still have software on there from you other device, so to be sure everything is clean, just uninstall whatever is there and start again from scratch.

Reboot your PC.

Download and install the OS release of your choice.

Download and install Desktop Manager 4.3 from here: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/

Reboot your PC.

Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader and delete the vendor.xml file.

Connect your device to the PC and launch Desktop Manager.

Report back from there!

PIN/ID
    302C0803
    Ok well I had already removed all the previous versions of my 8320. Now I also went to the same site you just gave me downloaded 4.3 and 4.5 and neither worked. I will try to do this all over again.

I think what I might have wrong is the actual file i need to allow DM to use the APP loader ? WHere exactly do I find this? I think I have the right one but im not sure.

I have an 8330 with sprint v4.3.0.127

the file i was installing was "8330uEFS_PBr4.3.0_rel203_PL3.1.0.73_A4.3.0.127_Sp rint"

Which is the correct version of my os and platform.

I do appreciae all this help!!! Thanks!

Im going to start now and remove everything so when you get back to me I will be ready to instal!!
    w\

PIN/ID
    302C0803
    i did everything in the order and way you told me , and it still gives the error saying there arent any apps to install!

Are you having a problem downloading Desktop Manager?

Are you looking to re-install your existing OS or upgrade to a 4.5 version?

I have to run and won't be back on line for a couple of hours......hopefully someone else will chime in here and help you out, otherwise I'll check back as soon as I can.

PIN/ID
    302C0803
    No im trying to get the application installer to operate properly. I want to use the DM to install apps and thems on my blackberry but you need to load the OS on to the computer before you can do this, if you do not it gives you an error.

I did this before with my 8320 and it was no problem. This 8330 has been hell since i got it. I mean its nice and works but so many things have been a problem from text, to voicemails, to calls, to getting the number ported, and now this!!

Okay, I understand now. You already have the DM installed, no problem. You're not trying to upgrade your OS. You just want to install apps and themes. I am not the right guy to walk you through installing apps and themes as I don't use either.

Seems to me though, that you should be able install 3rd party applications without the DM. Themes I'm not so sure about.

After all this, I'm afraid I'm going to have to advise you to start another thread as I think your issue is getting lost and no one else is reading this thread since there are so many posts already.

So, having said that, if you would be so kind as to start another thread stating your exact problem in as much detail as you can, I am sure that someone more knowledgeable on your issues than me will get you the answers you need.

Sorry to have dragged this out so long and not come to a conclusion for you!

Regards,
    Roger

mserica513 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    OOPS!
    No im trying to get the application installer to operate properly. I want to use the DM to install apps and thems on my blackberry but you need to load the OS on to the computer before you can do this, if you do not it gives you an error.

I did this before with my 8320 and it was no problem. This 8330 has been hell since i got it. I mean its nice and works but so many things have been a problem from text, to voicemails, to calls, to getting the number ported, and now this!!

I agree with RoGro, please start a new thread AND if you can possibly create a screen shot, save to word and attach it so we can all see whats going on. please! I'm sure between all of us we can get you figured out.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Insert catchy phrase here..

rubenporras no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Mac software help needed!

The only issue that I have w/ my Curve is the fact that nothing in regard to Blackberry seems to be Mac Compatible. Where can I find the software that I need for my Macs? Is it even possible? I feel like an idiot for not researching this first before the purchase. I usually do my homework. I'd hate to have to return this and switch carriers for an iPhone. I really love this device!

Please help me! :-)

privax no está en línea Stack level 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast