Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Why is it that CDMA users have to download this?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~... BlackBerry News forum

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Advertisement

Why is it that CDMA users have to download this?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    LESS
    All devices after the 8300 were needed to download their OS in order to install anything via DM or else it wouldn't recognize the app or themes

elmuchachos no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    Were those added using the Desktop Manager? Or were they OTA installed. If the latter and you ever want to add an app/theme using desktop manager then you will need to download the Device Software and install it to your PC.

Rcbjr
    they were installed with dm and the themes worked as i have tried all of them so not sure. but i will go ahead and install this thing anyways.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge View Post
    Why is it that CDMA users have to download this?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    all of the device owners after the initial 8100 release have had to do this. some of us don't even notice that we have to because we automatically download the OS when we get the phone

it is a known issue and rcbjr posted this thread to remind the new 8330 owners what is needed when/if they get that dreaded error.

amylnitr8 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31A61913
    I understand that one needs to install the DSP before adding progs/themes from DM. Does the same hold true if I want to use the switch device wizard to pull my stuff from my 8830 to my 8330?

MikeSweetFan no está en línea Stack level 1
    Ok, so I have the Sprint 8330 and I have downloaded apps and themes via DM and OTA and I have not had an error. I still would like to download this to make sure no problems arise but I am unsure which Desktop version to use.

VETT98 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    friends
    warning is 4 GSM people 2 !!!
    Last edited by VETT98; 06-24-2008 at 02:58 PM.
    Mike

VETT98 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    friends
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeSweetFan View Post
    Ok, so I have the Sprint 8330 and I have downloaded apps and themes via DM and OTA and I have not had an error. I still would like to download this to make sure no problems arise but I am unsure which Desktop version to use.
    hey ur fine dont worry about warning,people like too make a big deal aout of nothing,
    1 install DESKTOP MANGER
    2.install the os
    3.thats what every blackberry owner has too do GSM & CDMA standard...........
    Mike

teaguem32 no está en línea Stack level 1
    now I find this link. It took me an hour to figure that out. Shoulda looked here first oh well it works great now!!!

tici_88 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by elmuchachos View Post
    ok question...i didnt download this as i just now saw it. do i need this because i have already changed my theme, and added a few apps
    Now, you only need this if you want to or plan to install apps with the Desktop Manager (by connection your 'berry to your computer). If you download/install apps over the network or via the WiFi (on the 8320 or 8820) you don't need to worry about it.

kudosmog no está en línea Stack level 1
    since this is for 4.3, if we upgrade to 4.5, will everything still work?

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by VETT98 View Post
    warning is 4 GSM people 2 !!!
    I have seen this error on GSM 8310's as well. It's not a bad idea just to have the software anyway unless you need to reload the device software after a crash.

FlatLine84 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31AE0418
    All I did was installed the software using the CD that was provided with my 8330, downloaded a new theme and the opera mini browser, and loaded them from Desktop Manager and I haven't had any issues....

josephcaraccio no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31a987a7
    Very helpful I was wondering why I couldn't install programs via desktop this is a real pain in the butt though.

qbangringo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302C0803
    Ok I have tried this and for some reason I can not get it to work. I did this before on my 8320 and it worked fine. I now have a 8330 and I cant get it to work.

I have noticed that the desktop manager for the 8330 is a bit nicer than that of my 8320.

Ok here is what I did and you guys I guess can help correct me.

I went to this section of the forum I clikced the link which took me to blackberries site. From the drop down menu I clicked blackberry curve 8330 smartphone and downloaded that file to my desktop. I then installed the application to my harddrive. When I try to open up desktop manager it makes a different sound indicating it does not recongize my phone.. When I uninstall the newly installed OS which needs to me on my computer I am able to connect with the desktop manager and sync and do all that but not able to use the application loader.

Can someoneplease help me with this. I have been trying to figure out how to do this for a while.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast