Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 38

oh! i like the application. i also like it how you can disable the program ... BlackBerry News forum

  1. #16
    calibur's Avatar
    calibur no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    150

    Advertisement



    oh! i like the application. i also like it how you can disable the program if you do not want it to be playing. So far so good.

    im currently using my WiFi at home and its not taking long to load the preview at all. It might be edge.

    (edited)

    i just went into my media video section and i see that the videos are saved there. Is it suppose to do that?

  2. #17
    impak875's Avatar
    impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    Posts
    826
    Quote Originally Posted by calibur View Post
    oh! i like the application. i also like it how you can disable the program if you do not want it to be playing. So far so good.

    im currently using my WiFi at home and its not taking long to load the preview at all. It might be edge.

    (edited)

    i just went into my media video section and i see that the videos are saved there. Is it suppose to do that?
    You know I noticed that also... what bothers me is that it's saved in the device memory and not my memory card... wonder if that can be fixed before the final release to allow the items to be saved to the memory card.

  3. #18
    kwatson30's Avatar
    kwatson30 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    47
    For some reason, everytime I try to start Vringo it gives me an some type of error. Here is what the error states: error starting JVringo: module 'JVRINGO' must be signed with the RIM runtime code signing key (RRT).
    Anyone know what's going on? How to get the app to work?
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.1.20.0

  4. #19
    joshshabtai's Avatar
    joshshabtai no está en línea Developer
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10
    9of13, you got it!

  5. #20
    joshshabtai's Avatar
    joshshabtai no está en línea Developer
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by impak875 View Post
    You know I noticed that also... what bothers me is that it's saved in the device memory and not my memory card... wonder if that can be fixed before the final release to allow the items to be saved to the memory card.
    Thanks for this feedback, Impak. I can't guarantee that this'll be fixed by final release, but we're definitely aware of it and are trying to squeeze it in with some other things.

  6. #21
    joshshabtai's Avatar
    joshshabtai no está en línea Developer
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by calibur View Post
    oh! i like the application. i also like it how you can disable the program if you do not want it to be playing. So far so good.

    im currently using my WiFi at home and its not taking long to load the preview at all. It might be edge.

    (edited)

    i just went into my media video section and i see that the videos are saved there. Is it suppose to do that?
    Thanks, calibur. Your eyes do not deceive you; the app's been configured to save videos in the media folder.

  7. #22
    joshshabtai's Avatar
    joshshabtai no está en línea Developer
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by kwatson30 View Post
    For some reason, everytime I try to start Vringo it gives me an some type of error. Here is what the error states: error starting JVringo: module 'JVRINGO' must be signed with the RIM runtime code signing key (RRT).
    Anyone know what's going on? How to get the app to work?
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.1.20.0
    Thanks for the feedback -- we've been hearing about this issue on a small handful of devices and are working on a fix. Hang tight... we'll post it here as soon as we have it.

  8. #23
    MStrawder's Avatar
    MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Posts
    1,825
    Quote Originally Posted by joshshabtai View Post
    MStrawder, speaking as a representative of Vringo (I'm in our marketing dep't.), I feel like we should hire you as our first official 8900 QA tester. Thanks for taking to the app so enthusiastically, even though, technically, I'm not sure it should be working as well as it sounds like it may be.

    Please keep me posted on how it's working for you! (Not to mention everyone else who's testing the app on their Bolds -- we're dying to hear additional feedback from anyone else out there using the app.)

    ...And JXB25, once we finalize this version of the app, we definitely have plans to add the Tour and other devices to the roadmap. Thanks again for the support.
    Seems to be working fine on my device. The previews and downloads seem a bit slower today. Am I understanding that only other Vringo users are able to see my video and vice-versa.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

  9. #24
    planneau's Avatar
    planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,029
    Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    Just downloaded on my 8900 and it seems to work fine. I wasn't paying attention to the giant picture that said for Bold. =) It's a pretty neat concept. Lots of videos to browse through to set as your own.
    You would be surprise on some of the things that said just for Bold or Curve 8900 but works on both.
    I didn't make your mistake but download it to see if it works. It does..... YEAH!!!!!
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

  10. #25
    cbeslash's Avatar
    cbeslash no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PIN/ID
    26936cc9
    Posts
    648
    definatly going to try this out on my 8900

  11. #26
    MStrawder's Avatar
    MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Posts
    1,825
    One problem I'm running into. When my device locks due to inactivity, I hear the music and see the video, but it doesn't display who the call is from. I have Content Protection enabled on the device, but not for contacts, so it should be able to display it. Anyone else notice this, or have I found the first bug on this version for the Bold on my 8900?
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

  12. #27
    joshshabtai's Avatar
    joshshabtai no está en línea Developer
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    Seems to be working fine on my device. The previews and downloads seem a bit slower today. Am I understanding that only other Vringo users are able to see my video and vice-versa.
    You got it. At the moment, only other Vringo users that have opted in to being your 'Vringo buddy' will see your ringtone when you call (and vice versa). Have you been able to try that feature yet? I'm biased, obviously, but it's definitely my favorite part of the app.

    Hmm... and you may be the first 8900 user to find that bug. We'll look into on our end as well!

    BTW, if you're tired of the ringtones that come with the app , you can also create your own free video ringtones by logging onto www.vringostudio.com.
    Last edited by joshshabtai; 08-13-2009 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Addressing a second comment

  13. #28
    MStrawder's Avatar
    MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Posts
    1,825
    Quote Originally Posted by joshshabtai View Post
    You got it. At the moment, only other Vringo users that have opted in to being your 'Vringo buddy' will see your ringtone when you call (and vice versa). Have you been able to try that feature yet? I'm biased, obviously, but it's definitely my favorite part of the app.

    Hmm... and you may be the first 8900 user to find that bug. We'll look into on our end as well!

    BTW, if you're tired of the ringtones that come with the app , you can also create your own free video ringtones by logging onto www.vringostudio.com.
    Nice, I'm going to check that part out. I was wondering about the buddy thing because I'm seeing the video when the wife calls from her phone or from the house. It shows my selected video I should say.

    As a side note, how about answer/ignore buttons across the bottom of the video like you see on the normal caller ID screen?
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

  14. #29
    joshshabtai's Avatar
    joshshabtai no está en línea Developer
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    Nice, I'm going to check that part out. I was wondering about the buddy thing because I'm seeing the video when the wife calls from her phone or from the house. It shows my selected video I should say.

    As a side note, how about answer/ignore buttons across the bottom of the video like you see on the normal caller ID screen?
    That's a great idea.

  15. #30
    MStrawder's Avatar
    MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Posts
    1,825
    When I select to invite a buddy, I'm assuming it sends them an SMS? If so, how about the option to email them? J
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •