Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The folks over at Vringo would like the PinStack community to help with beta testing ... BlackBerry News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Vringo Beta - Video Ringtones on Your BlackBerry Bold

Advertisement

The folks over at Vringo would like the PinStack community to help with beta testing this new and exciting video ringtone application!

From the developers:

Vringo lets users set their own visual or video ringtone and choose the video, avatar, slide show or picture they want their friends to see when they call. Users can choose content from a variety of sources to create their “Vringos”. Users can browse Vringo’s own large collection of premium content licensed from TV, video and music clips. Users can also import content from Vringo partner sites or from almost anywhere on the Web. Users can even create Vringos using their phone’s camera or pull pictures or video from existing social networks. Vringo is the next generation in mobile personalization.

Vringo is a completely hosted, client-server-based solution, making it easy to use and just as easy to manage. Vringo is the first viralmobile application allowing users to seamlessly join a community, then choose, create and share video ringtones.

*Editors note: I had the opportunity to test this in its alpha phase and I must say its pretty cool. They have TONS of pre-loaded vringos!! Have fun! Provide good feeback
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 08-12-2009 at 07:25 PM.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Just downloaded on my 8900 and it seems to work fine. I wasn't paying attention to the giant picture that said for Bold. =) It's a pretty neat concept. Lots of videos to browse through to set as your own.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    Just downloaded on my 8900 and it seems to work fine. I wasn't paying attention to the giant picture that said for Bold. =) It's a pretty neat concept. Lots of videos to browse through to set as your own.
    lol!! i think you will find that it will work, but downloading new stuff may be an issue without 3G

9of13 no está en línea Theme Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    this would be great for the Flip's External screen!
    For my theme blog, remember....
    Resistance Is Futile

PIN/ID
    ATA
    ^^ oooh, thats a great idea

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    lol!! i think you will find that it will work, but downloading new stuff may be an issue without 3G
    Sitting at home at the moment, so Wi-Fi all the way.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

JXB25 no está en línea Stack level 2
    man y couldnt this b for the tour also

joshshabtai no está en línea Developer
    MStrawder, speaking as a representative of Vringo (I'm in our marketing dep't.), I feel like we should hire you as our first official 8900 QA tester. Thanks for taking to the app so enthusiastically, even though, technically, I'm not sure it should be working as well as it sounds like it may be.

Please keep me posted on how it's working for you! (Not to mention everyone else who's testing the app on their Bolds -- we're dying to hear additional feedback from anyone else out there using the app.)

...And JXB25, once we finalize this version of the app, we definitely have plans to add the Tour and other devices to the roadmap. Thanks again for the support.

9of13 no está en línea Theme Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by joshshabtai View Post
    ...And JXB25, once we finalize this version of the app, we definitely have plans to add the Tour and other devices to the roadmap. Thanks again for the support.
    If ya need a tester for the 8220, im here! just remember, exterior screen display!
    For my theme blog, remember....
    Resistance Is Futile

SGZrazberry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    I'm definately given this a run for its money!! Just downloaded!
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.282 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Going after this now!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    Just saw this post... downloading now.

Finished downloaded on my Bold and I'm, loving it so far... looks very promising. Here's my feedback.

• I'm having a slight bit of an issue playing the Moco Gross, could never get it to load... the other two default ones work just fine.

• I happened to see a "user created" section under the category listings... of course I'm about to ask how to create them and upload them to the "user created" library.

• Not sure if it's because my Bold is on EDGE and not 3G, but the previews sometimes take a wee bit long to load.

Other than that I'm really feeling this app... hope to see it jump off greatly, and hope more content is available upon final release.
    Last edited by impak875; 08-13-2009 at 01:30 AM.

madlibran no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    207CDCA8
    Ok, so this vringoo is a web-based application so there is no app per se to download, right? so how do I assign the video that I choose? I presume I can assign different videos for different callers, but in order to do that, I need to know how to do one video first..thanks in advance..

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by madlibran View Post
    Ok, so this vringo is a web-based application so there is no app per se to download, right? so how do I assign the video that I choose? I presume I can assign different videos for different callers, but in order to do that, I need to know how to do one video first..thanks in advance..
    Go to http://beta.vringo.com/ from your BlackBerry Browser... once the page loads just click on the "download now" link on the page in lime green (LOL) no seriously it is a OTA download and once you have it installed don't forget to edit your permissions. Once the app is loaded you'll have your choice of 3 default video tones... you can then select one of the three as your tone or select "get more" to browse the library. If I'm not mistaken in order to select ringers for specific contact you'll have to add them to your "Buddies" within the app... This is what I've learned about the app thus far and I hope this helps.

madlibran no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    207CDCA8
    Thanks Impak, thats the url i was looking for. Playing around with app now...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast