RIM, maker of the must-have executive email gadget the BlackBerry, will this week unveil its ... BlackBerry News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Vodafone to Offer New/Improved BlackBerry Storm 2

Advertisement

RIM, maker of the must-have executive email gadget the BlackBerry, will this week unveil its second attempt to break into the touchscreen market which has become so dominated by the Apple iPhone.

But the Canadian company, which has teamed up with Vodafone in the UK for the phone, is hoping that the Storm 2 handset will get a more positive critical reaction than the first version that went on sale in last November.

The original BlackBerry Storm was famously blasted by technophile Stephen Fry – a diehard Apple fan – who told his followers on Twitter that the device was "shockingly bad. I mean embarrassingly awful." He believed that the phone had been rushed out "unfinished" by RIM and it was a view that many other critics came to hold when they got their hands on it. With the BlackBerry Storm 2, which will go on sale in Britain this week, RIM reckons it has solved many of the problems that be devilled the original device. It has upgraded the touchscreen, which fueled many complaints in the original device, and made it far more responsive.

read more

dklimah no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Cool. Hope it comes to TMO or I can get an unlocked version.

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    From all the rumor mill its not comin to the u.s. Except for vzw I'm pissed att isn't getting it,also their saying all the NA bands are locked so again unless u jump ship to vzw u will be stuck in EDGE at all times,someone correct me if I'm wrong plz

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ...since I'm a Voda client, I'm glad this is happening! But I want to reserve my opinion as to the better functionality of the touch/prod screen...let's wait and see !

kayhites717 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    Quote Originally Posted by drdoom23 View Post
    From all the rumor mill its not comin to the u.s. Except for vzw I'm pissed att isn't getting it,also their saying all the NA bands are locked so again unless u jump ship to vzw u will be stuck in EDGE at all times,someone correct me if I'm wrong plz
    You are correct. If you use a vzw storm on ATT, no 3G. only EDGE. And I agree. I am disappointed that ATT didn"t snatch up this device as well. It is very disappointing. Although I do look forward to the release of the upcoming Bold II, I still wish that there would be a comaparable device to the storm added to ATT's RIM lineup. But, I guess with ATT being so focused on the touchscreen APPLE Iphone, there is just no room for a device like the Storm. Touche
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce (1842-1914)

dakid2k6 no está en línea Stack level 3
    This sucks if the storm 2 only works edge on ATT, I had read a bit back that the storm 2 was unlockable and have 3G bands for NA. I got so hyped for it and am waiting for it to come out, but after reading this post and if its true I won't be buying one. Maybe get the onyx when it comes out.

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Well my question was for the 9520 on vodafone since their getting ready to launch their hsap network its obviously gonna run on one of those NA bands correct?will it work with att's 3G? I have both att and vzw so either way I'm getting one I would just prefer att,and again I think att is getting the dakota wich is bold size and has a touch screen,I'm just worried about all the hype I mean I have the S1 and with the 5.0 sofware its not bad I curious about the finished product,I just wanna know if it'll work,plus I knew once rogers wasn't getting it even though some att reps said oh we're getting it lol