Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Did you guys see the sprint one in purple? I wouldn't sport a grapeberry....... BlackBerry News forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

Did you guys see the sprint one in purple? I wouldn't sport a grapeberry....

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    That's the one thing I hate about RIM. They love to nail you with one device they could have incorporated the damn trackpad on. I mean c'mon the 8520 came out before the tour and it ended releasing with that faulty trackball at that. I know it's about money but c'mon enough is enough. They may not sucker new owners with the trackball but they do with the stupid 2.0 MP camera and probably locked gps with Verizon's idiotic vznavigator.
    I feel the same way you do. They need to stop this. When you release a new devices, it needs to be better than the previous devices. If not; don't release it at all.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

ptrhang no está en línea Stack level 2
    Will Tmobile be getting this 8500 that has 3G?

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by planneau View Post
    I feel the same way you do. They need to stop this. When you release a new devices, it needs to be better than the previous devices. If not; don't release it at all.
    The last few years has been this way with RIM. RIM delivers the same tired package in new hardware and people are starting to catch on. They release new devices but with old technology or features that were offered is previous models. RIM is going through hardware like crazy yet fails to deliver on the things that everyone wants. I wish they would put it all in each new model and stop insulting their customers.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I think it's worth a look - added memory/new processor, wi-fi, etc. Maybe not the VERY latest in technology but a nice improvement for users like me who like the Curve, don't want a touch screen, etc.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Did you guys see the sprint one in purple? I wouldn't sport a grapeberry....

LOL I see what you mean by bright! I put my phone down and sometimes forget where it is. That may actually help me locate the thing

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    LOL I see what you mean by bright! I put my phone down and sometimes forget where it is. That may actually help me locate the thing
    Purple is absolutely out for me to, kiddo! No way!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Maroon no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs up Wore out 8830-tried Storm II-settled on 8530

I wore out the track ball on my 8830 and had it replaced about 9 months ago. Now the USB port is bad, so I figured it was time for a new berry. I tried the Storm but found the lack of a physical keyboard maddening. I have settled on the 8530. (I didn't need the international calling feature of of the 8830). Knock the 8530 as not the latest and greatest, and yes, it should have had a flash and a better camera--but I didn't buy it for the camera. It has more memory for apps than the 8830WE. It has a trackpad instead of a trackball. And it has a physical keyboard. WiFi is a bonus but not terribly important to me. It is small and lightweight.

All this for $99 after rebate plus I had a new every two making the phone free. Plus I got a second phone free as well under Verizon's buy one/get one Blackberry promotion at a time when I needed to add a phone to my family's account anyway.

So far I'm satisfied. The 8530 definitively lacks the the panache that my 8830 did back in the day--but so what. It's a better phone for me.

Maroon no está en línea Stack level 2
    Aplomb. One can never have too much aplomb.

Aplomb, where defined as "...complete and confident composure...." is a far too rare trait found in humanity these days IMO. Sadly, I don't get many emails displaying aplomb these days.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12