Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Verizon Wireless and Research In Motion today introduced the BlackBerry Curve 8530 smartphone, an exciting ... BlackBerry News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Verizon Wireless Introduces the BlackBerry Curve 8530 Smartphone

Advertisement

Verizon Wireless and Research In Motion today introduced the BlackBerry Curve 8530 smartphone, an exciting new addition to the BlackBerry Curve series of smartphones. The slim BlackBerry Curve 8530 smartphone gives customers access to Verizon Wireless' 3G network, built-in GPS and Wi-Fi capabilities, as well as easy access to music, games and other mobile apps for entertainment on the go.

Key features:

- Easy-to-use, highly tactile, full QWERTY keyboard and touch-sensitive trackpad for reliable, responsive typing and navigation

- 256 MB flash memory and 528 MHz next generation processor for enhanced performance

- Supports voice-activated dialing and Bluetooth(R) (version 2.1), with support for hands-free headsets, car kits, stereo headsets and other Bluetooth peripherals

- 3G-enabled (EV-DO)

- Built-in Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g)

- GPS with support for location-based applications, including geotagging pictures and Verizon Wireless' VZ Navigator(SM) service

- 2.0 megapixel digital camera with zoom and video recording(i)

- Advanced media player for music, pictures and videos, with dedicated media keys and a 3.5 mm stereo headset jack, plus BlackBerry(R) Media Sync, which makes it easy to quickly sync music from your computer to the smartphone(ii)

- Access to BlackBerry App World(TM), featuring a broad and growing catalog of third-party mobile applications developed specifically for BlackBerry(R) smartphones. Categories include games, entertainment, social networking and sharing, news and weather, productivity and much more

- Access to e-mail, messaging (IM, SMS, MMS) and popular social networking sites (including Facebook and MySpace)

- Rich multimedia capabilities, including dedicated media keys smoothly integrated along the top of the handset, giving customers an easy, convenient way to control their music and videos

- Support for BlackBerry services with access to up to 10 supported e-mail accounts, including most popular ISP e-mail accounts such as Yahoo!(R), Windows Live(TM) Hotmail(R), AOL(R) and Gmail, and BlackBerry(R) Enterprise Server support, which provides advanced security and IT administration features for corporate deployments

- Expandable memory via hot swappable microSD(TM)/SDHC memory card slot, supporting up to 16 GB cards today and expected to support next generation 32 GB cards when available

Available colors: Black and Smoky Violet

Pricing and availability:
    - The BlackBerry Curve 8530 smartphone is expected to be available from Verizon Wireless beginning Nov. 20 for $99.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement on a voice plan with an Email and Web feature or an Email and Web for BlackBerry plan. Customers will receive the mail-in rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted. Data plans for the BlackBerry Curve 8530 smartphone begin at $29.99 when added to any Nationwide voice plan.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    This will be a nice add for Verizon BlackBerry users. If I hadn't just pick up the Storm2 this would most likly be my next BlackBerry. Heck it still might be for that matter. I'm still not fully used to the whole touch screen idea.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the release of the 8520 for newbies. An introduction to the bb world for noobs? I would keep my storm 2 if I were you MC . Why downgrade to a KIA when you have a Ferrari?
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

miller710 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I wouldnt say the 8520 is for newbs. I would point that finger more at the pearl. I would also say the 8520 was the first to have the trackpad which makes it a groundbreaking phone. Just my 2 cents. I myself will never have a trackball again.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Very true on the Trackball part. I really really wanna leave this stupid trackball for once and for all but there isn't a trackballless bb offered by AT&Apple as of yet. Until then I'll be using my ancient 8900. But yeah, 8520's still for noobs . 2.0 camera? umm yeah...I'll keep my 8900 with 3.2

wheelz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    I really like that they put wifi and gps support. This would be a good starter bb. I'm wanting the storm2 but I will have to wait.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    2 MP camera? Seriously? C'mon.

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoUp View Post
    That is why come next year am giving up my blackberry until RIM gets it. RIM hasn't got it yet.
    WHAT A JOKE!
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoUp View Post
    And no flash either right.....def an entry level BB, but still more powerful than my current 8330.....not my first choice but a good fit for some.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

btompkins0112 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm with RATON.....waiting for the 9700 for at&t.

s2kneSs no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    I don't like how the 8530 has Wi-Fi and GPS and the 8520 on has Wi-Fi. :/ The 85xx is an awesome device (more targeted towards entry level BlackBerry users imo) I wouldn't mind owning one. In fact, after I payoff the 9700 I will get me a 8520 because I can't live without all sexy looking BlackBerry devices! Haha!

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    Sounds like a very sweet device. I'm really surprised they didn't put the trackpad on the Tour. As much as I hate the trackball I can't give up my Tour for it.

wheelz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    Quote Originally Posted by li2327 View Post
    Sounds like a very sweet device. I'm really surprised they didn't put the trackpad on the Tour. As much as I hate the trackball I can't give up my Tour for it.
    I could be wrong but reportedly the tour2 will have the track pad and also have wifi.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    That's the one thing I hate about RIM. They love to nail you with one device they could have incorporated the damn trackpad on. I mean c'mon the 8520 came out before the tour and it ended releasing with that faulty trackball at that. I know it's about money but c'mon enough is enough. They may not sucker new owners with the trackball but they do with the stupid 2.0 MP camera and probably locked gps with Verizon's idiotic vznavigator.

s2kneSs no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Wheelz: Correct, the Tour2 will have the trackpad and Wi-Fi. Those are the only additions so far.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast