I tend to pay close attention to new devices that pop up though out the ... BlackBerry News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Verizon launching Storm2 on October 28 for $179.99?

Advertisement

I tend to pay close attention to new devices that pop up though out the year. I also try to keep track of new tid bits as they approach release dates and one thing that has stood out in my mind for awhile now is how Verizon has been promoting the new Storm 2. It's been odd to me and I guess I'm not the only person who feels this way. See my other previous post here and read below.

via: engadgetMobile
    Last edited by srl7741; 10-23-2009 at 07:48 PM.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Yuck! nawt even for $100 for me to buy this shenanigan. They'd have to pay me to buy this brickberry storm deux .
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

Lvallejo666 no está en línea Stack level 3
    One word, one number and one smiley: BOLD 2

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    After dealing first the first Storm, this article of their quiet release is kind of funny. Glad I don't have to deal with that anymore.

dirtypirate no está en línea Stack level 2
    A failure with lipstick is still a failure ;-)

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I have better expectations for this phone, hope it does well. Still leaning towards an Android device though...
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

amcat no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yeah, and I remember users of the first generation iphone were so overjoyed with its performance.

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    I have better expectations for this phone, hope it does well. Still leaning towards an Android device though...
    Give Android a try.

Hank061978 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I saw the Storm 2 at my local Best Buy today while searching for the full version of Windows 7. While feeling it up I noticed that the edge of the housing (where the screen becomes separate) seems sharper and rougher than the original storm. I hope that it was just the fact that it was a demo model....(the kind that doesn't power up). Believe it or not I have never picked up a demo model, it has always been a working phone. My contract is up with T-Mobile on the 27th of this month (I thought is would never come, I am so proud) and I want to go to Verizon but with the feel of that store model I am afraid I might have to set my sights on the droid. I don't want to but the only other option for me besides the Storm 2 and the Droid is the Tour and it is just like the Javlin (which I have) and I was hoping for a new style phone with the new service. Anyway, maybe Verizon holding out on it's release really is a good thing.

Just my 2cents,
    Hank
    Hate me for everything I am before you love me for something I'm NOT!!!

PIN/ID
    Retired
    I'm sort of leaning toward the opinion that one reason the Storm 2 release seems quiet or not as public is because it's what the first Storm should have been and the first Storm did not live up to everyones expectations. So if they quietly try to update it and things don't go well it won't be as bad for the RIM reputation. People expect the best out of RIM and the Storm really did not meet that normal level of device.
    Posted via smartphone

^^That and I think Verizon is hyping up their Droid series phones which seem a tad bit more promising than S2.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by goldengirl75 View Post
    ^^That and I think Verizon is hyping up their Droid series phones which seem a tad bit more promising than S2.
    Ohhhh, yes I never thought of that. You have a great point. I'm voting on that one. The "Droid" is the "it" phone at the moment. When RIM thinks they have something (great device) they tell everyone.

lsu4lif3 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    hmmm i dont know if i upgrade i think ill go with the tour...i was not impressed with the storm when i test drove one that my friend had and lemme use for a day while we were on a road trip for a project and i gotta say i was not impressed, i do like the tour, maybe this one will change my mind but i was discouraged with storm 1
    Never give up...you can always make a difference

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Scanning through the latest news and this appears to be more and more likely to happen. Story here seems to confirm unless they are going based on web rumors as well.