I have had my Hotmail address for what seems like the beginning of time .. ... BlackBerry News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Using Hotmail to Push Email to Your BlackBerry?

Advertisement

I have had my Hotmail address for what seems like the beginning of time .. well, the beginning of the internet at the very least (I had my Hotmail addy before MS owned Hotmail ). For the past few years I've seen contradicting information on whether Hotmail even worked on a BlackBerry using BIS (as push), although mine has always worked. Yesterday, I received an email regarding validation of Hotmail through the BlackBerry BIS server.
    -------------------------------------------
    To: OWNER: Cherri Chiodo
    Subject: Urgent: Re-validation Required. Windows Live (Hotmail, MSN) on your BlackBerry Device
    Sent: Apr 21, 2009 11:30 PM

You must confirm your xxxxx@hotmail.com password on your BlackBerry device by April 25 to continue sending or receiving email messages for this account.

To re-validate your account:
    1. Click the Email Settings or Setup Internet Email* icon on your device.
    2. Go to Email Accounts.
    3. Edit the email account.
    4. Type your password.
    5. Click Save.

Microsoft Corporation requires Windows Live email account users who use mobile devices to validate their accounts every 90 days. Other email accounts on your BlackBerry device will not be affected by this requirement.

BlackBerry Internet Service
    * Note that some BlackBerry devices and some themes may have different icons or menus than those mentioned.
    -------------------------------------------

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    You have to re-validate the info every 90 days. I think it is fairly new but I did notice it in the EUA after deleting and re-adding my hotmail account from my Berry the other day.

Something else I noticed and it my be my imagination but the push service seems faster now. Before it was 15 minutes or so now it seems almost instant.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    I only use my hotmail account for Messenger, so when I login to it on the web almost every time I have to validate mine. It's done that as long as I can remember. I don't actually use it as an email address though, so I don't have it set up on BIS.

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    I've had 2 Hotmail accts since forever too.
    And I've never had that happen.
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Yeah i got this a couple months ago, and ignored it lol, then about a month ago I stoped getting hotmail on my phone, and then remembered this (i didnt really pay attention I thought maybe it was an attempt for someone looking for my password) but anyway yeah Got it, Did it, everything back to normal now
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Thank you Cherri . I also have been using my hotmail account since the beginning of time (keeping it old skool)
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    unfortunately, over time, that email has died out but i refuse to get rid of it. now its mostly just junk and family members that have ignored my request to send to a new email addy

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    unfortunately, over time, that email has died out but i refuse to get rid of it. now its mostly just junk and family members that have ignored my request to send to a new email addy
    LOL

I got alot of junk (forwards) from family members and friends!

After I blocked them a few times, they finally got the hint
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    My hotmail on my BB works without me needing to do this and my mom's did too. But then last year she decided to try the HTC Touch(lasted only a couple weeks) and when she switched back to BlackBerry then she started having to deal with the re-validation every 3 months. I don't understnd what the purpose is or why it does not apply to everyone...but every 3 months she brings me her BB and says something's wrong, I'm not getting my email
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    My guess is so that any account that goes inactive for a certain amount of time can be deleted and the username released, but I don't really know for sure.

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I've had my hotmail on my BB since I got my first Curve. They recently started amking you re-validate your password. I know i've done it a few times.
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

automan69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I get this every 3 months too. But what I don't understand is I use it a lot sending and receiving, you think if it is being used you won't have to re-validate it. It just doesn't makes sence....do you wipe before you poop?

Djmarbll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219C9716
    My hotmail account was scammed when I re-validated it. I got an email from Windows (supposedly) saying I needed to update my password, so I re-entered my password at the login page and then my emails stopped on my Curve. I found that the password had been changed and scammed to get people on my email list to give someone money. Needless to say, I had to stop using my hotmail account. The Windows support team were useless.

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Interesting, My 8700V (first device) didn't support Hotmail without having a premium account to set up POP to allow Push to work, so I went Gmail. But now yeah, even the free account is supported...... ah well, still prefer Gmail- much less spam...lol!
    I have two very rare photographs. One is a picture of Houdini locking his keys in his car........

RRA23 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I received this email yesterday. I have no idea what my user name or password is...does anyone know, do I call Sprint, Blackberry, or Microsoft to get a re-set?