With so many new 83xx & 88xx users. This how to should be a helpful ... BlackBerry News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

How to: Use Switch Device Wizard to switch to a new BlackBerry

Advertisement

With so many new 83xx & 88xx users. This how to should be a helpful guide if you are upgrading from a previous Blackberry and would like to tranfer all data including thrid party apps.

The Switch Device Wizard allows the BlackBerry device user to perform the following procedures:
    • Switch from one BlackBerry device to another BlackBerry device
    • Switch from a Palm OS® or Microsoft® Windows Mobile® enabled device to a BlackBerry device
    Switch from one BlackBerry device to another BlackBerry device
    When switching from one BlackBerry device to another BlackBerry device, the Switch Device Wizard is designed to import BlackBerry device applications, organizer data, messages, third-party applications, and BlackBerry Enterprise Server connection options from the existing BlackBerry device to the new BlackBerry device.
    Note: Third-party application migration is not supported on BlackBerry Device Software 3.8 and earlier. Switch from a Palm OS or Microsoft Windows Mobile enabled device to a BlackBerry device
    When switching from a Palm OS or Microsoft Windows Mobile enabled device to a BlackBerry device, the Switch Device Wizard is designed to import your organizer data, such as contact, memo, task, and calendar entries, from the existing device to the new BlackBerry device.

Procedure

To switch BlackBerry devices using the switch device wizard of BlackBerry Web Desktop Manager, complete the following steps:
    Note: You can use the switch device wizard to transfer data and services from your current BlackBerry device to a new BlackBerry device.
    Warning: Do not disconnect your BlackBerry device from your computer until the activation process on your BlackBerry device is complete.
    1. Connect your new BlackBerry device to your computer.
    2. Click Yes - Switch my BlackBerry services to this device.
    3. Click Yes - Transfer the data.
    4. Complete the instructions on the computer screen to switch your BlackBerry device.

obsidian no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2162b5fd
    If you don't have access to a desktop that you can install the BB software on. Your carriers website may allow you to switch the email service through there.

Sherobin no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2157E9CE
    I need help. When doing this switch do I have to have both Blackberry's plugged in at the same time or one at a time, old then new?
    BB Forever - One Love (Sher)

alryder no está en línea Stack level 3
    One at a time. It will prompt you to switch.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I have always done it both at one time. Didn't know if it would even work the other way.

PIN/ID
    2157E9CE
    Oh moderncowboy I only have one spare usb, my other one I have my mouse in it... I got my 9700 and I dont want to mess it up..

Can I just reload my backup from my other bb to my new one. Will all my apps come too?

alryder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    I have always done it both at one time. Didn't know if it would even work the other way.
    Cool, I didn't know it would work with both at the same time either. We taught each other a lesson today!

PIN/ID
    2157E9CE
    Which Blackberry do I put the sim card in, the new one or the old one? I need some help desperately here. I am gonna try and do it one at a time.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    You can go ahead and move the SIM to the new BB. I had to do this TWICE back in August. From my original 8120 to an older 8100 then back to the replacement 8120.