Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

what I did was I took the file that I wanted to back up....successfully saved ... BlackBerry News forum

nova609 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

what I did was I took the file that I wanted to back up....successfully saved it via javaloader, lets call it: -usb save abcde , I then went into the shortcut where you gave a theme example...went in and changed the file name abcde.cod (left the .cod where it was)...I then renamed the shortcut to abcde....I think I may be hung up on what you mean by renaming .alx file ....or what it means

when i renamed the file in the shortcut, abcde, i didn't put .alx behind it..should i?.....it automatically had description below it "ALX FILE 1KB"...maybe this is where i'm messing up......

because currently when i go to app loader, and try to find add that file to the list..it tells me that no files were found for my device..

can't tell you how much i appreciate your help!!!!!!!

Rhokk222 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204FF9DF
    it seem like you are doing everything right. some people have "hide extensions for known file types" on their computers. when this is enabled, you can't actually see the .alx or .cod on the name of the file but in that case it will say what type the file is in the info panel. sounds like you have this situation and there is nothing wrong with that.

ok now on to your problem... it seems like you are having different issues and that being with Desktop Manager. all i can suggest is to try this link and read on...
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ere_found.html
    cherri made an excellent write up for these issues.
    ...always tinkering...

yes i have recently downloaded my os which is 4.2 ,not sure which one i did since there are three: 4.2, 4.2 SP1, and 4.2 SP3, nor do i know the differences.....installing files/apps the first way via javaloader does work, just to let you know..but would like to be able to see in app list on phone which for some reason will not work due to stated error.......thanks for your the advice though

is it possibe the wrong service pack was downloaded..or does it not matter which u use

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by nova609 View Post
    yes i have recently downloaded my os which is 4.2 ,not sure which one i did since there are three: 4.2, 4.2 SP1, and 4.2 SP3, nor do i know the differences.....installing files/apps the first way via javaloader does work, just to let you know..but would like to be able to see in app list on phone which for some reason will not work due to stated error.......thanks for your the advice though

is it possibe the wrong service pack was downloaded..or does it not matter which u use
    Rhokk, hope you don't mind if I jump in here,

Nova, the 4.2 with service packs is sounding like the Desktop Manager Software, not the BB's handheld OS which is what Rhokk was talking about you needing.

To see if you have what you need, open the Desktop Manager, click on Help, then click on About BlackBerry Desktop Manager, then click on the device software tab. If that's blank, then that's your problem. My version of DM is 4.3 so the wording on yours may be different. Another way to check is on your PC, go to Control Panel then Add/Remove programs. You should have two different things there for Blackberry. One will say Blackberry Desktop Software, the other will say Blackberry Handheld or Device Software. If you have more than one version of Desktop Manager on your computer, delete the extras.

If the device OS is missing and you need a link to find it, just post back here and someone will get you the link. Give us your carrier, your model number(is it 8300? just confirming)and the version number of the OS that is on your BB, for example mine is 4.3.0.81, that way we can get you the correct link.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

thanks azstar, I checked my dm and this is what shows: 4.2.2.166 (platform 2.4.0.73)...so i'm pretty sure i have everything downloaded properly...and there's only two blackberry programs in control panel, like you said.....maybe it's just a glitch with my particlular computer or phone....not sure.......although it is nice to see that I have followed proper instructions, i think....lol

OK another thought came to me, after saving with javaloader, did you ever delete all the modules off the BB? Go to Options/Advanced Options/Application/Menu/Modules and scroll through the list and if they are there on your BB, delete them. And when you hook the BB to you PC, Open DM and thte Application Loader,scroll through the list, is what you are trying to add already there, but just waiting for you to check the box to install?

Just throwin ideas out there for you, usually if you have the OS, you don't get that message about no applications for your device were found. But you have the OS, so I'm stumped....
    Twitter? My Apps List

well to be completely honest azstar, if you are stumped, then it's gotta be this phone cause you all are freakin geniuses as far as i'm concerned, I don't know how you and rokk know so much......do you work for RIM???!!!! Thanks again!!

Hahahaha I'm far from genius!! It doesn't take all that much to stump me! Now Rhokk, he's a genius!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Rhokk222 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204FF9DF
    just normal people like you giving something back to those who helped us.
    ...always tinkering...

FF2
    FF2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhokk222 View Post
    thank you cp6169 for finding that!

FF2 this is what you would type in after you click your shortcut...

C:\Program Files\JL_Cmder\javaloader -usb dir > ANYNAMEYOUWANT.txt

this will give you a text file that contains all the modules/files that is in your blackberry. this text is saved in the
    C:\Program Files\JL_Cmder\
    THANKS - finally got back to this thread after noticing it was now STICKY!!!

Have you thought about editing the initial message to add to the process? Or maybe too complex for some folks who have never redirected screen output to a text file. (sniff, I miss DOS some days!!!! Of course, I'm old enough to also miss cpm!)

iamgoofy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    210ca18d
    Sure wish I could have found this thread months ago! Thanks sooo very much to all.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~t

yozpalang no está en línea Stack level 3
    Awsome work man, you rock. I've used it on my 8320 and it just made my day

.....me again...haha...just one more quick question...how do I erase/delete something is I used javaloader to install and it doesn't appear on my applications list...I tried javaloader -usb erase abcd...but got the error message: module is in use. Any thoughts?

Go to Options/Advanced Options/Applications/Menu/Modules you can scroll through the list to find and delete them there.
    Twitter? My Apps List

volscian no está en línea Stack level 5
    now I'm sure that I can do this the way you describe, but is there a program that will just do it at the click of a button, or would that be too easy/lazy?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast