Today RIM officially launched the U2 Mobile Album Today, we've been hearing about it for ... BlackBerry News forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

U2 Mobile Album For BackBerry Released

Advertisement

Today RIM officially launched the U2 Mobile Album Today, we've been hearing about it for months and for all you U2 fans it has become a reality. Here's what you can expect:

"Follow the band on their 360° tour using the U2 Mobile Album. Connect to the band you love using the U2 Mobile Album. It’s all about U2. And it’s all on your BlackBerry® smartphone.

Get inside the album with access to songs from No Line On The Horizon with images, lyrics, interviews and videos

View the original, origami-style photo displays inspired by the music

Access dynamic news feeds from U2.com and receive alerts when new content is available

View exclusive images of the band in the recording studio and on the road

Mark your place in the crowd with geocoding, chat and share images with other fans,
    and view postings from the band (coming soon!)

Tap into the Who’s Listening section and see when and where other users are listening to the album (coming soon!)

Track the tour as the band moves across the globe – see where they’re going and where they’ve been (coming soon!)"

Maybe it's because I'm not as big a U2 fan as I was back in the day, maybe it's because I'm not impressed by how it looks on my little old 8330....but I just found this app to be ...meh. The videos don't show full screen, the samples of the songs are too short, and the news is hard to read because of the super small font.

But for those die hard U2 fans, this will be a great app for keeping up with the latest tour news. Find it on App World on your device running OS 4.5 or higher or check it out in the App World webstore here.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I have to agree. I wasn't very impressed but like you it may be because of my device on some of it. The clips do need to be a little longer and there is no reason the vid clips shouldn't be full screen. Will be interested in hearing how it looks on other devices since my 8330 is up for retirement.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    App world does not work on 5.0.190. Does anyone have a direct ota link?
    BlackBerry8900/5.0.0.190 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

It's only available on App World as far as I know....
    Twitter? My Apps List

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    you can send it to her via a BBM message AZstar by going to it, selecting it, and then choosing reccomend. I think you can send it via BBM, PIN, Email, text, etc
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by thbassman View Post
    you can send it to her via a BBM message AZstar by going to it, selecting it, and then choosing reccomend. I think you can send it via BBM, PIN, Email, text, etc
    I think that might still send them to app world on the BB just like sending yourself an app link from the BB app world webstore, but I'm not positive and I already deleted it so I can't test it. Maybe someone else can comment if they have used that feature.
    Twitter? My Apps List