Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SureType input method The default input method is SureType. When you type, SureType technology automatically ... BlackBerry News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Post Typing Input Methods explained

Advertisement

SureType input method The default input method is SureType. When you type, SureType technology automatically changes the letters on the screen and lists suggested words below the text. With SureType, you type the entire word without correction. An item list appears. Scroll to and click the trackwheel to select the desired word.
    To type a word that the phone does not recognize, press the first letter key once. Press or press to select a letter from the list. Press the subsequent letter key in the word. Press to select the correct letter combination from the list. Continue to type and select the correct letters until the text that you want to type appears in the list. Press to select from the list.
    It may take a few attempts for you to master SureType, but you will find it easy to use and that it is a faster input method than multi-tap once you have learned it.

Multi-tap input method
    The phone also supports multi-tap input method. With multi-tap, you press the letter key once to select the first letter and press it twice to select the second letter. Multi-tap is the default input method for typing passwords.
    Tips
    • To switch between SureType and multi-tap, press and hold .
    • To type the e-mail address, type the entire word or name. An item list appears. Scroll to and click the trackwheel to select the desired word.
    • To type the @ symbol (for e-mail addresses), press .
    • To type a period, press + .
    • To type the dash (-) or other symbols, press and . Press again to view more symbols.
    • To type an accented or special character, hold the letter key and roll the trackwheel. When the desired character appears, release the letter key and click the trackwheel.
    • To edit the e-mail address after moving to the Subject field or to the message body, scroll to the e-mail address field, click the trackwheel, and select Change Address. Select [Use Once] or the desired contact, and then edit the address.
    • To capitalize a letter, press and hold the letter key.
    • To navigate back in the text without deleting, press and scroll back using the trackwheel.
    Last edited by hayden; 11-19-2005 at 01:08 PM.

blueberry no está en línea Stack level 1
    this is very good! Thanks

icegrill no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2415259c

Re: Typing Input Methods explained

very very helpful thank you hydn...
    holla atcha boy

roofus no está en línea Stack level 1

How important is it to keep your "Custom Word List" up to date - i.e. deleting mispelled words and adding unusual, but correct spellings?

I dutifully update my list every couple of days but is it really all that helpful?
    Last edited by roofus; 12-16-2005 at 08:29 AM. Reason: typo

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Yes it is helpful because I often misspell words (I downloaded BBSpell to eliminate this problem) and I would find half the words in my list are misspelled so it helps to check the list. My fingers tend to slide across the keypad and misspell words. The other thing that helps is the AutoText feature that corrects commonly misspelled words.

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by hydn
    SureType input method The default input method is SureType. When you type, SureType technology automatically changes the letters on the screen and lists suggested words below the text. With SureType, you type the entire word without correction. An item list appears. Scroll to and click the trackwheel to select the desired word.
    To type a word that the phone does not recognize, press the first letter key once. Press or press to select a letter from the list. Press the subsequent letter key in the word. Press to select the correct letter combination from the list. Continue to type and select the correct letters until the text that you want to type appears in the list. Press to select from the list.
    It may take a few attempts for you to master SureType, but you will find it easy to use and that it is a faster input method than multi-tap once you have learned it.

Multi-tap input method
    The phone also supports multi-tap input method. With multi-tap, you press the letter key once to select the first letter and press it twice to select the second letter. Multi-tap is the default input method for typing passwords.
    Tips
    • To switch between SureType and multi-tap, press and hold .
    • To type the e-mail address, type the entire word or name. An item list appears. Scroll to and click the trackwheel to select the desired word.
    • To type the @ symbol (for e-mail addresses), press .
    • To type a period, press + .
    • To type the dash (-) or other symbols, press and . Press again to view more symbols.
    • To type an accented or special character, hold the letter key and roll the trackwheel. When the desired character appears, release the letter key and click the trackwheel.
    • To edit the e-mail address after moving to the Subject field or to the message body, scroll to the e-mail address field, click the trackwheel, and select Change Address. Select [Use Once] or the desired contact, and then edit the address.
    • To capitalize a letter, press and hold the letter key.
    • To navigate back in the text without deleting, press and scroll back using the trackwheel.
    Thanks a lot I prefer the multi-tap method, I'm used to it with other cell phones. The sure type method is slow and annoying for me.

taeisme no está en línea Stack level 4

I like the suretype.

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

I have converted after several days, I am now a suretype fan!

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

suretype is awsome!
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

i use multi tap... but i find that i type too fast for the BB and it doesnt get all the letters i try to type.... lolol I gotta slow it down.......

Try SureType. It will learn all of the words you use. Click on "Enable SureType" next time you get ready to send a message.

Superiorcnt no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4017F950

That is a really good tip good looking out

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

stupid question coming from a new user... How do you edit your word list? LOL

Options>Custom Wordlist and then delete the words you don't want in there.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!! it's been driving me nuts!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast