Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by 9of13 im trying this out now. i like the bird jumping up ... BlackBerry News forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by 9of13 View Post
    im trying this out now. i like the bird jumping up and down during loading and refreshing. replying seems to require acually typing the @ and name. so far its ok.
    To reply, click on the tweet you want to reply to. Clicking on the @ icon allows you to reply without typing the name or the @ symbol.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    It seems to be more of an issue when clicking a username mentioned in a tweet, not clicking on the name of the tweeter....and it seems to open UT much more often than SS
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.169 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106
    I also tried viewing a profile and it opened it in socialscope....it's confused lol!
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.169 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106
    I wonder what it would open if you didn't have uT or SS on your BB?
    I've got em both too - I may try this one if I can squeeze it on my 8330. I MUST eliminate some apps - short on free memory a lot these days.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

What's up with this? When I go to the site posted in OP there is no option to DL! I Goggled the app, that lead me back to the same site. (The DL links that show in the OP aren't there when I go to the site on my BB.)
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    It's there, where it says download, but you have to get the curser in just the right spot, try pointing it just under the n in download
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

You're right! (of course) The "Download Now" box is huge and you have to get to the bottom and a shadow-looking thing appears. Weird that the text (with DL for different OS's) wasn't there on the BB version. Thanks!

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    I wonder what it would open if you didn't have uT or SS on your BB?
    I've got em both too - I may try this one if I can squeeze it on my 8330. I MUST eliminate some apps - short on free memory a lot these days.
    I removed UT from my device and it still functions fine. I like the app overall. I would like to see an options menu to change frequency updates, etc., auto-retrieval of new tweets, and a reply function on the tweet list rather then having to open the tweet and then reply.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

I have noticed that when I highlight a user name mentioned in a tweet and hit the menu key, there are two options for viewing. One says View profile, this one opens for me in either UT or SS and then there is one further down that says View @(insert user name) profile....this one opens with TX. Weird!
    Twitter? My Apps List

PIN/ID
    Ask
    I have noticed that when I highlight a user name mentioned in a tweet and hit the menu key, there are two options for viewing. One says View profile, this one opens for me in either UT or SS and then there is one further down that says View @(insert user name) profile....this one opens with TX. Weird!
    Not sure Az. When I had UT on my device, it TX never opened it, but what I did notice was when sending a tweet, it displayed "UT:xxxxx" with the x's being the tweet's identifier just above the text entry box. Made me wonder if it was using UT to send the tweets, but after I removed UT, it still functions normally.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    How to upgrade your OS

It will literally switch to the other app, after I view the profile and hit the escape key I will be in the SS or UT timeline. After deleting UT and SS, the plain "view profile" option is gone so TX must somehow be allowing the options from other apps into their menus...but I never experienced UT or SS interacting like that.
    Twitter? My Apps List

wrxboi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    R.I.P
    For all you twitter addicts out there, another Twitter app has been released called TwiXtreme. I gave it a try and it is one of the nicer ones I've tried. I'm still hooked on SocialScope but this may stay on my BB for a while as a backup. It's got a nice looking UI and plenty of features, not perfect, but none of them are. I still have not found the one perfect app that has everything I want. Here is more about the app from their site:

"Tired of boring Twitter™ clients for the BlackBerry™? Upload pictures, keep up with the latest trends and tweet your heart out with the latest ad-free mobile application from Xtreme Labs. It's the first BlackBerry Twitter client that doesn't suck... and it's free! Not a member of Twitter? No worries, our app works even if you don't have a twitter account =) Visit this website on your BlackBerry to download TwiXtreme!"

Upload Pictures, Cool Graphics, Free & No Ads, Re-Tweet, Favorites, Mentions, Trends, Direct, Messages, Nearby Tweets, Profile View, Search

Check out their web page for full details and more screenshots. The developer, Xtreme Labs is also the developer of SpeedTest and Level for BlackBerry and several iPhone apps as well.

Download here

[via bbrocks]
    How do you upload a photo azstar ??
    WRXBOI
    wrxboi69@googlewave.com

potatopiee67 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I just downloaded it, and it looks great, I have a new toy to play with today...thanks for the info

potatopiee67 no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs up

I Love this App, I like the graphics and it seems easy to navigate, Ty for the info

Glad you are liking it, it's definitely one of the better ones out there.
    Twitter? My Apps List

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Been using it since the first day you posted Az and I gotta say I love it. It has become my favorite Twitter client. If it would just grab the new tweets for me automatically and allow me to reply w/o opening the tweet, I'd give it 5 stars.
    How to upgrade your OS

It's definitely better than tweetcaster, they posted another new update for it and it at least loads tweets now. But it's local tweets are screwed up, I changed it to a 1 mile radius and it showed tweets from California lol. I don't know why I bothered to try it again. So now I have socialscope and twixtreme on the BB and tweetdeck and landscape tweeting on the iPod Touch. Now if I could just roll all four into one perfect app
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast