I have been following Jason from TwitterBerry (THE first Twitter app for BlackBerry) for quite ... BlackBerry News forum
TwitterBerry Evolves: Introducing OpenBeak
I have been following Jason from TwitterBerry (THE first Twitter app for BlackBerry) for quite some time. I was delighted to find out he was attending the BlackBerry DevCon and though we didn't get to meet up, Jason let me know he had a big announcement coming this week.
OpenBeak is a mobile client for posting updates to Twitter. It works over the data network, so you don't need to use SMS. OpenBeak is the evolution of TwitterBerry, and gives a name that allows the app to grow beyond both the Twitter platform and BlackBerry smartphones.
- Post updates to Twitter, including a character countdown from 140 characters
- One-click access to view friends timelines, replies, your favorites, your own timeline, and the public timeline
- Post pictures to Zannel, TwitPic, Twitgoo, or yfrog
- Take a picture with a one-click embedded camera (BlackBerry Device Software version 4.6+)
- Reply to tweets from each timeline view
- Send and receive direct messages
- Mark tweets as favorites
- Notification icon that indicates the number of unread messages, like new emails or missed calls (BlackBerry® Device Software version 4.6+)
- Cache all avatar images to internal memory, thus saves network access and helps faster loading
- Search Twitter with a keyword or from a list of currently trending topics
- Active text recognition of @usernames and #hashtags
- New Setup wizard
- Two modes of list views: a "fixed height" view and a "variable height" view
Over the next week, all existing TwitterBerry users will be prompted to install OpenBeak.
Download OpenBeak here
Trying this out after using TweetGenius (can't set options in it like I can in TwitterBerry/OpenBeak). TwitterBerry was always my favorite Twitter client. I tried most of the others (Social Scope, TinyTwitter, UberTwitter, Tweet Caster-which I actually reviewed http://forums.pinstack.com/f27/revie...caster-111066/, etc) and always came running back LOL
So far so good. Only option I can't find is where I can set it to show me the timeline of friends' tweets when I open the app automatically. And I have the red LED blinking at me even though there are no new tweets LOL
Last edited by EricaJ1073; 11-13-2009 at 11:43 PM.
Its about time! TwitterBerry is by FAR the worst blackberry twitter app on the planet. The best right now is TweetGenius and its not even close. Well see what they did here to compete.
Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
That's why I kept coming back. I loved how easily it worked without racking my brain to find out how to do something.
so is this an add on to an application or a app itself
this is a twitter client that is available for blackberry (and other platforms in the future)
I ♥ Uber Twitter. Tried TweetGenius and my inbox got way too cluttered.