Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Originally Posted by catstide whoa...i figured out why my direct messages are not working. when ... BlackBerry News forum

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    whoa...i figured out why my direct messages are not working. when i try to send one it starts with a "d" instead of an "@". whats up with that? i just replaced the d with an @ and it worked?????
    Yes, I've noticed that also, but I haven't actually sent one yet. Must do this!

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by goldengirl75 View Post
    Yes, I've noticed that also, but I haven't actually sent one yet. Must do this!
    so whats up with that? is it a bug or something i'm not getting?
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    so whats up with that? is it a bug or something i'm not getting?
    I just DM'd my sister...hopefully the little witchie poo responds so I know if it works.:

UPDATE: Well, I tried the test with hubby and he got my direct message that I sent from my phone. I didn't change anything and left the "d" there as it was when it came up.
    Last edited by goldengirl75; 03-31-2009 at 09:52 PM.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    It DOES work (go to background when you exit) but the problem is that, if you have that checked, your TB opens at the "what are you doing now" page instead of the "friends timeline" page even though you set "friends timeline" as your default page.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReggieSmith View Post
    Just installed it and reboot the device (BOLD running the .247 beta) but
    1- although I set the default splashscreen to "friends timeline" it opens to "what you are doing"
    2- I can't seem to get the icons/pics of my friends to pull down

BTW (to Sirthinks) on my device there is a choice to follow someone from the menu but no choice or option to search for someone. Is that what you were referring to?

(scratch #1> I see the answer in another post)
    (scratch #2> changing the "background on escape" fixed the icon issue as well)
    Reggie, I just got a "fix" for that from GG. See my post quoted above your post at the top.

You have to UNCHECK "Background on Close" to get it to open on your "Friends Timeline" page. The inconvenience is that when you exit, it EXITS. If you want to leave it running you have to alt+esc out of it.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

banglaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569B255
    I have downloaded to my bold and am enjoying it
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

gr8cop no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yes, just checked and there are more models available. Downloaded to my 8900 and playing now.
    Went to the darkside and got a Vibrant!

I've removed TB and have installed Tiny Twitter to see if this doesn't use up my memory as much as TB was. I like the features that TT has that TB doesn't.

Let us know what you think, GG. I've got em both and most recently tried TB because of the new release. I like T T just as well tho and I don't need them both! Just haven't been able to make a choice yet.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

I'm liking what I've seen from tinytwitter because of what I can do through the app itself. I'm still checking my free app memory to see if tt makes is dip, but I may just have to accept that.

i say RIM native Twitter App 2010? lol

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    I'm liking what I've seen from tinytwitter because of what I can do through the app itself. I'm still checking my free app memory to see if tt makes is dip, but I may just have to accept that.
    i'm with ya GG...i dumped twitterberry and yatca...giving TT a shot. the only thing i dislike so far about it is that there is no notifacation...which is really useless i guess. anytime you check it you have new tweets.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

I wonder if the reason for not having notifications is so that you don't get overwhelmed with tweets. Some people follow a lot and having that many updates coming through would get ridiculous. This way, you have to remind yourself to check it instead of getting hit constantly.

I wonder if the reason for not having notifications is so that you don't get overwhelmed with tweets. Some people follow a lot and having that many updates coming through would get ridiculous. This way, you have to remind yourself to check it instead of getting hit constantly.
    I agree, GG, except that if you had an alert you should be able to either activate it or disable it, right....one would think. I like having alerts - I don't follow that many users and it's a help.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    I am about ready to uninstall TB. Over the last 3 days, it's draining my memory, and it's the only new app I've installed.

I keep going back to TB because I get the alerts and Twitter Pic works. If it's eating up my storage I'll just "clean out" and re-boot once in a while. Maybe the TB folks will address the storage problem in another version.

Maybe it's eating up the storage because of all the updates from people you guys are following. Those of you with storage issues, how many people ARE you following? How about some numbers.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast