Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Originally Posted by MackDaddy135 when i have it checked on "background on close" it actually ... BlackBerry News forum

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by MackDaddy135 View Post
    when i have it checked on "background on close" it actually goes to my background
    It DOES work (go to background when you exit) but the problem is that, if you have that checked, your TB opens at the "what are you doing now" page instead of the "friends timeline" page even though you set "friends timeline" as your default page.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    It DOES work (go to background when you exit) but the problem is that, if you have that checked, your TB opens at the "what are you doing now" page instead of the "friends timeline" page even though you set "friends timeline" as your default page.
    ah now i understand what you mean can you explain to me what the differnece between reply and retweet and direct message are?

I think retweet just includes the original msg that you you're replying to in your reply. Not sure what direct msg is exactly - it appears to be a direct (private) msg to the person you're responding to, i. e. not posted publicly as other tweets are.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    ah now i understand what you mean can you explain to me what the differnece between reply and retweet and direct message are?
    Reply is replying to follower(s) where other friends can see the tweet you sent out. Retweet allows you to send a tweet you received to your friends who may not follow a certain person or company, etc. Direct message is private where only a certain recipient gets the message you sent out.

GG is THE Twitterberry expert. Thanks again, GG.

You're welcome and thank you, but you give me too much credit.

Twitter's website helps explain a lot of this so that's the only reason why I can answer some of these questions.

I appreciate it. I'm too lazy to go to the site to get instructions.

ReggieSmith no está en línea Stack level 3
    Just installed it and reboot the device (BOLD running the .247 beta) but
    1- although I set the default splashscreen to "friends timeline" it opens to "what you are doing"
    2- I can't seem to get the icons/pics of my friends to pull down

BTW (to Sirthinks) on my device there is a choice to follow someone from the menu but no choice or option to search for someone. Is that what you were referring to?

(scratch #1> I see the answer in another post)
    (scratch #2> changing the "background on escape" fixed the icon issue as well)
    Last edited by ReggieSmith; 03-31-2009 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Found answer to issue
    ------

From time to time, you have to wonder...... What was I saying?

Quote Originally Posted by goldengirl75 View Post
    Reply is replying to follower(s) where other friends can see the tweet you sent out. Retweet allows you to send a tweet you received to your friends who may not follow a certain person or company, etc. Direct message is private where only a certain recipient gets the message you sent out.

ah nice nice why not just have an inbox or something for direct messages? makes more sense to me lol and i kinda dont like the retweet version clearly if someone isnt following me i dont want them to know my gizmos! lol

ah nice nice why not just have an inbox or something for direct messages? makes more sense to me lol and i kinda dont like the retweet version clearly if someone isnt following me i dont want them to know my gizmos! lol
    If I recall correctly, direct messages get emailed or SMS'd; retweet only goes to those who follow you.

Quote Originally Posted by goldengirl75 View Post
    If I recall correctly, direct messages get emailed or SMS'd; retweet only goes to those who follow you.
    haha im lazy too to read the info on twitter's website haha maybe i should get on that so say for example you wrote on my wall and i retweeted people who follow me will be able to see whatever you posted in that specific post right?

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I got an sms tweet from JB and I replied to it and it went on the friends timeline, so no one knew what I was talking about. So, that must have been a direct message? How does the person sending the direct message get the response if they are not added as a follower? Plus, why can't I add friend requests from my phone? It never lets me, I always have to add from a PC. Oh, and why is my picture huge compared to everyone else's? It's embarrasing

haha im lazy too to read the info on twitter's website haha maybe i should get on that so say for example you wrote on my wall and i retweeted people who follow me will be able to see whatever you posted in that specific post right?
    Yeah--I get tweets from The Onion because I follow them and then by re-tweeting, those who follow me get the tweet from The Onion regardless of whether they follow The Onion or not.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    whoa...i figured out why my direct messages are not working. when i try to send one it starts with a "d" instead of an "@". whats up with that? i just replaced the d with an @ and it worked?????
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    I got an sms tweet from JB and I replied to it and it went on the friends timeline, so no one knew what I was talking about. So, that must have been a direct message? How does the person sending the direct message get the response if they are not added as a follower? Plus, why can't I add friend requests from my phone? It never lets me, I always have to add from a PC. Oh, and why is my picture huge compared to everyone else's? It's embarrasing

Yes, it sounds like you got a DM and you replied with reply instead DM and those people got your response were "Huh?"

I believe that a person who gets a DM who is not necessarily a follower gets it because it goes to their email and/or SMS.

Most operations seems to work better through PC, but right now I tried sending a DM through their site and it kept returning with a "That Page doesn't exist." What? I've done it before through their site with no problem.

Your picture is larger because you're extra special.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast