Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

I don't think you can keep that from happening, Mack. Welcome to a world where ... BlackBerry News forum

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

I don't think you can keep that from happening, Mack. Welcome to a world where nobody can hide unless you never do anything and use only cash everywhere.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    You can edit your twitter account and change or remove your real name. I only use my 1st name, no last name.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    You can edit your twitter account and change or remove your real name. I only use my 1st name, no last name.
    Az's right. Of course there's not using your real name or your full name. Sorry. I thought you meant keep WHATEVER ID you use from coming up on Google.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    You could also try setting your account so that only friends can follow your tweets and try another google search and see if that helps...

I did do all the above and still it pops up makes no sense I messaged Twitter they replied talking about a facebook application I don't give a damn about the facebook application I even went ahead and changed my first and last name but googled my first and last name again and google still has that listed there is no winning!
    Last edited by MackDaddy135; 04-17-2009 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MackDaddy135 View Post
    I did do all the above and still it pops up makes no sense I messaged Twitter they replied talking about a facebook application I don't give a damn about the facebook application I even went ahead and changed my first and last name but googled my first and last name again and google still has that listed there is no winning!
    Mack, I think once Google has your info it stays there. There used to be an option for you to go to Google and request that they not keep your history - that may have been a history of the your Google searches - it's been a while since I saw that and I don't remember much about it.

If it's any consolation when I Google my name I come up all over the place too. I think we all do. As is said, not many places to hide any more.

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Mack, I think once Google has your info it stays there. There used to be an option for you to go to Google and request that they not keep your history - that may have been a history of the your Google searches - it's been a while since I saw that and I don't remember much about it.

If it's any consolation when I Google my name I come up all over the place too. I think we all do. As is said, not many places to hide any more.
    i think thats totally garbage i mean what ever happened to privacy and all that mambo jambo? oh hey no wonder identy theifts are sky rocketing! its useless im very pist off i dont like it one bit i mean twitter isnt anything small they should know about these things and i was actually looking for that trying to see if google can help but i found no customer support number or email what so ever

Quote Originally Posted by MackDaddy135 View Post
    i think thats totally garbage i mean what ever happened to privacy and all that mambo jambo? oh hey no wonder identy theifts are sky rocketing! its useless im very pist off i dont like it one bit i mean twitter isnt anything small they should know about these things and i was actually looking for that trying to see if google can help but i found no customer support number or email what so ever
    Privacy went away when keeping names and addresses and all other consumer information became and industry. Axiom, a company that is based in Arkansas (and I'm sure there are others) has made fortunes keeping and selling demographic information.

I think you have to pay cash for everything and live in the woods to get away from all this - it's not "garbage" - it's business.I've had two incidences of identity theft - both have been credit card cases.

blacktouch007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7B30C2E9
    im gonna have to check this out

Blacktouch,

Let us know how you do with it. I moved on to another application because of the problem I described in post #96. There's a work around given by Golden Girl but I decided to live without alerts for Twitter and try another application. Have tried Tiny Twitter and am now using UberTwitter. They all work so it's not a big deal.

Abercrombie no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me//
    i dont see much improvement from the last version, think im gonna stick with social scope for now
    Sprint Curve red♥ & AT&T Bold
    Javelin/Curve 8900
    soon to be Mrs.George

twitter

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Privacy went away when keeping names and addresses and all other consumer information became and industry. Axiom, a company that is based in Arkansas (and I'm sure there are others) has made fortunes keeping and selling demographic information.

I think you have to pay cash for everything and live in the woods to get away from all this - it's not "garbage" - it's business.I've had two incidences of identity theft - both have been credit card cases.
    i dont understand why i cannot have it removed thats why its its garbage i should be able to have that power i mean my facebook myspace etc isnt up on google

simeezee no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215C1928
    i have tried both TCP and BIBS to connect to twitter. They both passed the connection test. But I cannot get any updates at all. I checked my firewall, it's disabled under the security option. Can you guys tell me what's wrong here?

byrd44 no está en línea Stack level 2
    can you tell me where i can find the download

Quote Originally Posted by byrd44 View Post
    can you tell me where i can find the download
    Try here - I think there are several versions of the beta now so know what you're getting and/or what you want.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011