Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

After reading this thread I re-downloaded my BB smart. It works pretty well but there ... BlackBerry News forum

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5

Advertisement

After reading this thread I re-downloaded my BB smart. It works pretty well but there could be improvements to my Bold. I really wish they would consider doing an upgrade. This was a very pricey application, and I really enjoy using it.

The empower pro edition made an upgrade, why can't BBsmart?
    ~Lauren

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Yeah, I tried to run them on my device and the only one that would was the Pro edition. It's a nice feature, but I'm hesitant to spend the $29.95.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

duck383 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20FFFDC6
    one thing to note i bought empower pro for my 8120 (v4.3) last summer, upgraded to 8320 (v4.5) device transfer was web based so no pin activation needed , now this year when i upgraded to 8900 v4.6 they did not support V4.6 at the time so i sent an email and was told they are working on an update for v4.6 and about a week later i received an update that works for v4.6 (3.0.72.7) so it should work very well with this version as it does mine and its very nice and customizable as stated herein this thread.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    ^^ good to know. maybe that will make MStrawders decision a little easier

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I am glad to know that it works fully. It is definitely something I will look into, but I gotta wait a bit. Just got done spending about $30 on apps , but I love my new toys.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    I had BBsmart and after I saw empowered, I quickly uninstalled it and used empowered. Been using it for over 2 years now. The only problem is when carriers started pushing server side HTML rendering, b.c then empower makes the emails looks worse actually.

PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by ventz View Post
    I had BBsmart and after I saw empowered, I quickly uninstalled it and used empowered. Been using it for over 2 years now. The only problem is when carriers started pushing server side HTML rendering, b.c then empower makes the emails looks worse actually.
    you are 100% correct. some of the emails coming in look awful bc they weren't meant to be "de-coded" using these email viewers. that's when i toggle between the native email and empower

wnssan no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2625f097
    Quote Originally Posted by KalebsDad78 View Post
    I have used the BBSmart HTML Viewer for the last 2 yrs or so. However, now that I have the Tour (using BPS), it does not work with this device so I am back to regular BB email...which I do not like. I loved having the HTML view and also the color-coded option depending on the email account I was viewing.

I hope BBSmart updates their compatibility soon.
    BB smart is the better of the two still too expensive. Doesn't work on8900. The empower was buggy every time device reset wouldn't start again and then would pop up
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

PIN/ID
    ATA
    i've been using empower pro on my bold since this post ^^ with no issues. not sure why its buggy on the 8900

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    It's buggy on the 8900 b.c the 8900 by default interprets HTML, and the client will try to re-interpret.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Did you try setting the native html to no? It makes a big difference to me.
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.160 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106

wnssan no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2625f097
    Thanks KalebsDad78 for the new user guides. I like to say i'm sorry for just jumping in there being a new user and not really knowing what i was doing. I love reading your post. Thank you all for the wonderful themes etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12