From original forum post : Are you annoyed by the BlackBerry® Storm™ touch screen remaining ... BlackBerry News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

TalkLock (BETA) Touch Screen Lock for the Blackberry Storm

Advertisement

From original forum post: Are you annoyed by the BlackBerry® Storm™ touch screen remaining active during a call? Frustrated with accidental screen presses activating programs while you talk? CellAvant has the answer... TalkLock. This free utility automatically engages a few seconds after a call is connected, and intercepts touch screen actions. This prevents screen presses from launching programs or invoking functions while you talk. When the call ends for any reason, TalkLock releases control of the screen until your next call. You can also disable the lock and return to your normal phone behavior at any time by swiping your finger across the screen from left to right. Features include:
    • Automatically runs after installation, and on each reboot
    • Automatically activates after phone calls are connected
    • Automatically hides when phone calls are completed
    • Manual unlock with "slide to unlock" function
    • Menu item to re-engage lock after unlock
    • Customizeable backround image (uses /home/user/TalkLock-Background.png if it exists under Device Memory)

[TalkLock]

aaronnieves no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    305F72EB
    This is a GREAT app! It has some memory leak issues, but its well worth it. I used to constantly hit the mute button or speakerphone button on accident, but this program has taken care of it completely.

Mrsncr2002 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    305912AA
    Thank you very much for this..it's just what i needed ;0) I cant tell you how many times i've pressed the speaker phone with the side of my face...

PIN/ID
    305F72EB
    There is also an app called StormLock that does the same thing. Only looks more like the Storm's own OS that is locking the phone and not a 3rd party app.

http://stormlock.com

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronnieves View Post
    There is also an app called StormLock that does the same thing. Only looks more like the Storm's own OS that is locking the phone and not a 3rd party app.

http://stormlock.com
    This looks pretty good have you tried it out yet??
    -Josh

PIN/ID
    305F72EB
    Haven't tried it out yet. will probably dl it tonight and see which one i prefer.

PIN/ID
    ASK
    Me too. The downside is paying two dollars for it. I am pretty sure RIM is going to release an OS with this capability installed on it. But oh well, whats two dollars? I can get more than a gallon of gas with that now well at least today I can, maybe not tomorrow
    -Josh

PIN/ID
    305F72EB
    I agree. $2 may be well worth it until then. Especially if there is no real memory leak issue like I'm having with talklock

PIN/ID
    ASK
    Aaron I got that stormlock program. The program works good comes on immediately when you make a call no second or two delay. One problem I do see is that if you disable the lock and then reenable it during a call tyrn it doesn't automaticlly disable itself. So you have to hit the escape key to disable it.

As far as the memory leaks I haven't really used it long enough to see any effects. But anyway good find. We should post it in the storm working apps.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~