For a one time fee of £180 ($262/€201) you get to take home a BlackBerry ... BlackBerry News forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

T-Mobile UK introduces new "Pay Once" plan for the BlackBerry 8110

Advertisement

For a one time fee of £180 ($262/€201) you get to take home a BlackBerry 8110 and that price includes 12 months of unlimited email and internet access. All minutes, SMS, and MMS are pay as you go. Right now it is limited to the 8110 but if it catches on they may add other devices.

"T-Mobile said the deal’s designed to put BlackBerry devices into the hands of new customer groups, such as those previously put off buying one because of the requirement to sign into a monthly contract."

I don't see a plan like this ever working out for me financially due to texting costs especially, but what do you think? Do you think a plan like this would work here in the US if they tried it? What do you see as the advantages or disadvantages to a deal like this? If something lke this was offered in the US would you go for it?

Source article here, spotted on BGR

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    Wow. That's an interesting concept. I wonder if they will ever introduce the 8110 in the U.S. I can't imagine using this unless I used my phone for data only. I'm sure it will work out for some people.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Truthfully, for me, it wouldn't work. I don't talk on the phone much, but I do text, get on the internet, and other stuff, more than I would be able to pay for. If I didn't have unlimited data, I would be paying out of my butt on phone bills. And if that turned to pay as you go money, I'd never be able to keep up with it.

Just one bill alone I had over 150k kb in data usage alone.
    ~via blackberry mobile.pinstack.com~

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Internet and email is unlimited, and I don't talk nearly as much as I text, email, tweet, and BBM. But the texting would kill me, especially for my teenager

But for someone looking for an inexpensive way to get mobile email and data for a year for a one time fee like that, not bad....
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Yeah, its not bad for the first year. But by the time the year's up, you're used to it already, and you don't realize how much data you actually use on a monthly, or in my case daily cycle, and you lose all that. The whole pay as you go deal, is good for people that don't use it that much.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

gooner1967 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    lol
    its great thats a fact i know