Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I saw a tweet about this yesterday and thought this would be helpful to some ... BlackBerry News forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

T-Mobile To Launch a Trackball Replacement Program

Advertisement

I saw a tweet about this yesterday and thought this would be helpful to some of you. T-Mobile will be starting to free trackball replacement for it's customers beginning Feb. 15th. This will apply only to devices bought through T-Mobile and only applies to some older devices with easy to replace trackballs, the 8100, 8120, and 8320. This is great for customers, so much easier to drop by your local T-Mobile retail store and have them pop in a new one for free than to order and pay for a new one and fight with a barely working trackball for a week or more while you wait for it to arrive. So if any of you were about to order spares, see if you can coax that poor grubby old trackball you have now into working for just a couple more weeks then go get your freebie!

[via tmonews]
    Last edited by azstar; 01-29-2010 at 11:10 AM.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Who doesn't like great customer service. Way to go TMO.

And

Now all those who don't get into a store to often can now browse some newer devices too

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    Who doesn't like great customer service. Way to go TMO.

And

Now all those who don't get into a store to often can now browse some newer devices too

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16
    Hmm, yeah, I hadn't thought of that....but the customers have to have something to do while their BB undergoes outpatient surgery Temptation for a new device is always stronger once you've held one in your hand....
    Twitter? My Apps List

jahkure84 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24794B22
    Had da same trackball problem called tmobile now they sending me a 8520 so I can't complain but yet the waiting part is killin me..

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Just bought one for the wife's 8120, but hey, this is why T-Mo is #1 in customer service in the US over and over.

They are not the only ones to do this, I know Verizon will as well....at least the stores in my area do.
    Twitter? My Apps List

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Sweet deal T-immobile. I guess they found ou that it was a lot cheaper to replace those trackballs in stores than having 99% of their bb owning customers send their faulty devices due to a trackball issue to them. Seems fair for both parties.

MissBlackberry9630 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30cad226
    Verizon has been doing it for months. And it only takes about 10 seconds to replace a trackball anyway. I think all carriers need to have a trackball replacement program.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    ^^i agree with you 110%. It's kinda sad that carriers have to step in to fix an issue the manufacturer should be taking care of to begin with. I understand they have centers where you can take your bb's with AT&T but I just don't understand why should a consumer have to bother The device shouldve been centered around these issues from the start. Nevertheless, I still think it's an innovative idea from them but as you mentioned it's nothing new other companies have been doin it for quite some time and for free.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Too late for me anyway now. I needed this last August when my trackball died and I had to replace the entire phone.

It is cheaper for the store to swap the trackball than a newly refurbed device so the program makes sense. But now as the older trackball models fade away, all the Bold, 9630, 8900, etc have the difficult to swap balls so refurbs are the only choice there. The newer trackball assembly is what kept me from getting a newer BB. I hate having to set up a new replacement device and the idea of taking the device apart to swap out the ball was just not good. Hopefully the new trackpad will not need replacing like the balls. So far I haven't seen very many complaints about them which is a good thing!
    Twitter? My Apps List

OriginalLucy no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have resurrected my trackball twice now, still the same one. took it out, cleaned it up and back to work. Probably time to get a new one. It is cheaper than a new BB.

dklimah no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post

I saw a tweet about this yesterday and thought this would be helpful to some of you. T-Mobile will be starting to free trackball replacement for it's customers beginning Feb. 15th. This will apply only to devices bought through T-Mobile and only applies to some older devices with easy to replace trackballs, the 8100, 8120, and 8320. This is great for customers, so much easier to drop by your local T-Mobile retail store and have them pop in a new one for free than to order and pay for a new one and fight with a barely working trackball for a week or more while you wait for it to arrive. So if any of you were about to order spares, see if you can coax that poor grubby old trackball you have now into working for just a couple more weeks then go get your freebie!

[via tmonews]
    Bout time!
    Gyros anyone?

pkcable no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask via
    Good deal Tmo!
    Rich C.
    Twitter me @ http://twitter.com/pkcable

Reinstall Your OS on a Bricked BB Click here

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Certain posts have been unapproved here and in other forums.

The Moderation Team would like to draw your attention to the PinStack Forum Rules and Guidelines. Excessive bashing or negative posts against another user, manufacturer or developer that the Moderation Team deems to be inappropriate, unconstructive or not helpful to the community will not be tolerated.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast