T-Mobile is set to begin offering corporate customers the ability to use BlackBerry devices to ... BlackBerry News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

T-Mobile rolling out Wi-Fi calling for corporate BlackBerry users

Advertisement

T-Mobile is set to begin offering corporate customers the ability to use BlackBerry devices to make calls over office Wi-Fi connections without using up cell plan minutes. Calls initiated via office Wi-Fi would automatically switch over to T-Mobile’s network when the caller left the office, too.

T-Mobile is positioning the offering as a way for businesses to ditch their landlines altogether in an effort to save money. However, T-Mobile “will charge a flat monthly fee on top of cellular rates,” according to Reuters. The fee will vary based on the number of users.

The service is similar to network-extending devices offered from Sprint, AT&T, and Verizon, although those companies sell hardware boxes that extend cellular coverage using a customer’s home broadband connection, while T-Mobile’s offering would work with standard wireless routers.

Read More
    Reuters

kenny2skinny07 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Go T-Mobile!!
    BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

kenny2skinny07 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Go T-Mobile!!
    BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

StarMile no está en línea Stack level 3
    Nothing really new here is there?
    BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.124 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    I love the UMA on the 8900. Every office I work out of has wifi, so now I cut the amount of minutes I use during the day in half. I hope they put this feature in every blackberry that is released on their network from now on.
    Looking forward to the 9700. 3G plus UMA, talk about a treat....
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........