Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526 LastLast

Ok, now here's a new problem that may be related. I got v4.3 currently. I ... BlackBerry News forum

terpits no está en línea Stack level 1

Device Software

Advertisement

Ok, now here's a new problem that may be related. I got v4.3 currently. I got an email v4.5 device software is now available. I downloaded that and then had my computer restarted. I tried desktop software to add/update my device version and got a message saying I already have the latest version.

As you all can tell, I have no skillz whatsoever. As always, I appreciate your time and patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    with this statement and the lack of confirmation that you have downloaded and installed your Device Software, (Not the Desktop software) you need to do so. Go back and re-read the Original post. Specifically Step 5.

Richard

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Yes, If the download was the same version that was installed on your device, after you executed the download and connected your BB to Desktop Manager, that is the results that are expected. Now you can follow the rest of the instructions, after step 5.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

mzle22 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I really like this tip. I was able to follow it to a "T" until I got to the part about saving the blackberry.alx
    I wasn't able to save the file as an .alx file after making the changes. I received a message that I didn't have permission to save the changes.
    Any ideas on why I can't save the file?

I have a 8310
    Last edited by mzle22; 11-27-2008 at 04:16 AM.

CMD130 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3162AEC3
    I have been successful with these instructions when I first got my 8830 in May of this year. My phone was replaced under warranty a few months back and when I restored my backup to the new phone my selected theme was active.

However, I just got another phone under warranty and this time the themes are not available to me. And when I go check my blackberry.alx file my vendor codes are where they are supposed to be.

I don't understand why my backup is not restoring as I would expect it to on this phone(?)

I sure one of you experts has an answer for me

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by mzle22 View Post
    I really like this tip. I was able to follow it to a "T" until I got to the part about saving the blackberry.alx
    I wasn't able to save the file as an .alx file after making the changes. I received a message that I didn't have permission to save the changes.
    Any ideas on why I can't save the file?

I have a 8310
    T

Two options for the cause, First make sure you are saving to a folder that you have Admin Privs for. If you do, then save it a txt file and rename it later in the same location. (Replace the existing file when asked.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by CMD130 View Post
    I have been successful with these instructions when I first got my 8830 in May of this year. My phone was replaced under warranty a few months back and when I restored my backup to the new phone my selected theme was active.

However, I just got another phone under warranty and this time the themes are not available to me. And when I go check my blackberry.alx file my vendor codes are where they are supposed to be.

I don't understand why my backup is not restoring as I would expect it to on this phone(?)

I sure one of you experts has an answer for me
    Did you compare your new Blackberry's Device software is still the same version as old one. I'm thinking it may be a later verson.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

CMD130 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3162AEC3
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    Did you compare your new Blackberry's Device software is still the same version as old one. I'm thinking it may be a later verson.

Rcbjr
    Yes, it turns out it is a later version. It's now: v4.22.176[Platform 3.0.0.79]

I've tried to force it to update it's core applications, which I belive includes the blackberry.alx file, but it won't update. It states (also) it is missing some foreign language files(?) for example: "net.rim.platform.lang.es".

I'm a bit perplexed but I know you guys/gals will help me sort this out. I have a good back up so I can wipe all data and start over if necessary. I just need directions.

Thanks.

What's next

Again, I do have a newer BB Device software version. I this my problem? What do I need to do?

I'd like to get this fixed in the morning so any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks!
    Last edited by CMD130; 11-30-2008 at 11:49 PM.

terpits no está en línea Stack level 1

files in AppLoader

Just to show you what I see, none of these are what's in this thread/directions.
    Attached Images Attached Images

vivalatyla no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hey i just switch from tmobile to at&t and would like the t mobile zen theme...i understand ur directions but i cannot access the files in my at&t phone...when i go to-
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8320-v4.2.2.184_P2.5.0.40 i can only do it on my 8320 with is my t-mobile phone...how do i put my 8310(at&t) in that area?
    thanks for ne help

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by terpits View Post
    Just to show you what I see, none of these are what's in this thread/directions.
    Only because you don't have the file extensions shown. Last entry Vendor XML file is discussed in Step 8.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by CMD130 View Post
    Yes, it turns out it is a later version. It's now: v4.22.176[Platform 3.0.0.79]

I've tried to force it to update it's core applications, which I belive includes the blackberry.alx file, but it won't update. It states (also) it is missing some foreign language files(?) for example: "net.rim.platform.lang.es".

I'm a bit perplexed but I know you guys/gals will help me sort this out. I have a good back up so I can wipe all data and start over if necessary. I just need directions.

Thanks.

What's next

Again, I do have a newer BB Device software version. I this my problem? What do I need to do?

I'd like to get this fixed in the morning so any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks!
    You'll need to edit the new blackberry.xml file and may have to delete the vendor.xml file again.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by vivalatyla View Post
    Hey i just switch from tmobile to at&t and would like the t mobile zen theme...i understand ur directions but i cannot access the files in my at&t phone...when i go to-
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8320-v4.2.2.184_P2.5.0.40 i can only do it on my 8320 with is my t-mobile phone...how do i put my 8310(at&t) in that area?
    thanks for ne help
    You need to download and execute the Device Software for the 8310 and then edit the Blackberry.xml file to add 102 to the VendorID lists for the files you want to activate.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

lotacus no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hmm. this doesn't seem to work anymore for me. I used the previous method I had used before, which was to just delete all the vendor id's. this would load all the themes on the device. However, that method I used doesn't work anymore. For some reason as well, blackberry maps won't show up on my device, but DM says it's installed.

I have the latest 4.7 DM software installed and the latest 4.5 device OS from Rogers.

what gives?

ahiggins2008 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30b0e6c5
    i cant figure this out if anyone can walk me through this better that would be awesome i have an BB Curve Through ATT the 8310 i believe and i want more themes but att is boring on them and i cant find the shared files on my comp im using vista 64 bit and i have no clue. if ya wann help bbm me my pin is 208BADE1 thanks

landersily no está en línea Stack level 1
    umm yea. . . I followed all of the steps and I would like to think that I did them correctly
    but when attaching my blackberry to my computer the DM just says checking for device application updates. it's been almost an hour now.
    is that what's supposed to happen?

LinkBacks (?)