Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thanks for the help - I went back to Page 1 of the thread - ... BlackBerry News forum

maltesefalconx no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Thanks for the help -

I went back to Page 1 of the thread - looked up T-Mob USA link - and it just says to run the loader.exe file to check versions (for the latest) and I do... it also shows it on my BB - and asks if I want to proceed to install? (install "what" I'm not sure) as everything is already loaded - so - I have a variety of Google apps and some 3rd party stuff I picked up here -and on Crackberry plus some themes - so it asks if I want to load those (again) I say yes just for grins - it syncs with my BB - but then says everything is loaded... Then asks if I wish to remove everything from my BB - and I don't - so - I'm officially LOST - and honestly, since the Vodafone Gray Theme isn't even on the Curve - I'm just not gonna frig with it....

I find it interesting - just as a PC geek of sorts - that the BB Desktop app (per my attachment posted before) - is obviously loaded - twice in fact - as I updated with the aforementioned Wi-Fi issue .... So, I THINK I'm all good - and why it didn't create a /shared folder on my PC but everything else? :-(

Cheers anyway for the help

MFX

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    I'm not sure I'm following you. If by
    and it just says to run the loader.exe file to check versions
    you mean.
    Note: if in the second to last step, you don't get the warning, just proceed to open Application Loader and continue with the update.
    That just means to Open Application loader by clicking on the link in desktop manager.

and asks if I want to proceed to install?
    At what point do you get this? When you execute the Device Software Download Package?

I find it interesting - just as a PC geek of sorts - that the BB Desktop app (per my attachment posted before) - is obviously loaded - twice in fact - as I updated with the aforementioned Wi-Fi issue .... So, I THINK I'm all good - and why it didn't create a /shared folder on my PC but everything else?
    Installing Desktop Manager does not create this. It is created when you Install any of the BlackBerry Device Software Packages on your PC.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

maltesefalconx no está en línea Stack level 1
    In response (answer) to your 4th or last point - as I don't have all the old screens open at the moment - You say the /SHARED folder is not part of BB's Desktop Mgr? - but happens when I install "any of the BlackBerry Device Software Packages on your PC."

Ok, so let's back it up here then....... I'm really lost - I was under the impression that the OEM themes were already installed on ones BB (Curve) by default, and this thread was "how to unlock" those? -

-OR-

As mentioned in my first question/post - "what" BB "Device Software Package" am I supposed to be installing here?

Per Page 1 of this thread - and poking around on T-Mob/USA site - as well as downloading from BB direct - I have the latest versions for my BB and for my desktop - (per T/M and BB) - but obviously I'm missing the boat here on "what" it is I'm supposed to be adding to my PC....

Again - I apologize for my n00b ignorance... but am totally lost -

Sorry -

MFX -

PS: As to "when" it asks me this... I run loader.exe app - from the RIM folder on my PC - and then it prompts me to remove my installed 3rd party apps - If you go to the links in your step 3 I think it was... and click T-Mob USA - and then go to the Curve page - it outlines the directions to "update" your files - if current - then "no need" too - If not, download the latest from BB - so - tail waggin' the dog here.... Just FWIW...

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Lets go back to basics, You have to have two packages on your PC in order to unlock the vendor themes. Desktop Manager and the Device Software Package, sometime known as the OS. Both can be found on RIMs Download Site for your Carrier. Desktop Manager is common to every Carrier and is not specific to a given Device. The Device Software Package is specific to each Carrier and Model of Blackberry. You have already installed the Desktop Manager, but I don't believe you have installed the Device Software on your PC. It is the device software package the creates the /shared folder and the blackberry.alx file on your PC.

If you go to the links in your step 3 I think it was... and click T-Mob USA - and then go to the Curve page - it outlines the directions to "update" your files - if current - then "no need" too - If not, download the latest from BB - so - tail waggin' the dog here.... Just FWIW...
    But this doesn't take into account you are trying to update it to add other carrier's themes. And what you are doing by unlocking them is editing the blackberry.alx file to load additional cod file on to your BB so the themes are available to be activated on the Options/Theme screen.

Hope that helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

nemogamo no está en línea Stack level 1
    Dear senior member,
    I would like to request the following file

net_rim_theme_102_240x260.cod

aka. cingular theme for 240x260 screen resolution

can somebody explain to me theme : Rolling Stone Theme _vendorID="219"
    as it appear in my blackberry.alx

net_rim_theme_219_240x260.cod
    net_rim_backdrops_219_240x260.cod

vandal337 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Rcbjr. I have completed all steps and began the update (worked fine) and then when my phone started the reboot i got a message (Unable to complete the downloading operation
    device file system full [j:0x0000000D])
    I have gotten that message before when i was installing the documents to go app
    do you know of any fixes? (8320 os 4.5.0.10(14) pl2.7.0.40)

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Sounds like you have run up against a limit in the number of cod files (Modules) that can be installed. I would look at removing some of the Unused Language apps if you haven't already.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

vandal337 no está en línea Stack level 1
    how would you go about doing that? do you mean the checks in the app loader?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    When you open Application Loader, look for any language support that you don't need to be installed you BB, Make sure the Check Block next to them don't have a Checkmark beside it.

Richard
    You Ask, We Will Answer

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    Sweet!! Works Great on the Telus 8330!!! I love the new ones!! hehe!! Thanks a lot... didn't take long at all! Like 2min!!

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    Thanks so much for these instructions!

shtam28 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I removed the vendor file but did not prompt me of the new OS update. When i went into the apploader, it said that i cannot load because i am missing the vendor file. then i tried deleting the vender file content but it will not allow me to do so. Can someone please advise what i should do next.

BTW I am running on Blackberry 8100 with OS 4.2.1.108 and I am based in Hong Kong on Smartone Vodafone.

Thanks for the help.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    You deleted the Vendor.xml file? In the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader folder? Did you edit the Blackberry.alx file in the correct subdirectory of loader files folder

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    So this means that there are themes on our BB we can't use and they are taking up space from other stuff we could be using

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by dallas1125 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    So this means that there are themes on our BB we can't use and they are taking up space from other stuff we could be using
    Not at all, They are not added to your BB unless you edit the blackberry.alx file to add them. And The means you can and want to use them. If you don't add them they are not loaded and don't take up space on the BB, only on your PC, in the appropriate java folder.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

LinkBacks (?)