Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

I posted a question about this but it got moved, took forever to locate.... Ok ... BlackBerry News forum

WuTangPearl no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

I posted a question about this but it got moved, took forever to locate....
    Ok ive added my vendor code (107) to all of the themes i want to unlock, edited the blackberry file and saved it as txt.
    now ive put the hole file back in it`s proper place.
    I removed the vendor file as well.
    When I go to update, it recognizes that there is an update to be had but it wont allow me to because i am missing a file called net.rim.backberry.xml that prevents me from installing the browser.
    Chances are that I dont have this file because I am on Rogers $15 email plan and browsing is blocked
    Please help me do something so I can update and get the themes

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by WuTangPearl View Post
    I posted a question about this but it got moved, took forever to locate....
    Ok ive added my vendor code (107) to all of the themes i want to unlock, edited the blackberry file and saved it as txt.
    now ive put the hole file back in it`s proper place.
    I removed the vendor file as well.
    When I go to update, it recognizes that there is an update to be had but it wont allow me to because i am missing a file called net.rim.backberry.xml that prevents me from installing the browser.
    Chances are that I dont have this file because I am on Rogers $15 email plan and browsing is blocked
    Please help me do something so I can update and get the themes
    I don't think your plan has anything to so with the missing file. It may have been moved or deleted accidentally somehow. It might be necessary to reinstall the device software package on your PC to restore the missing file. Be sure to move/copy the edited blackberry.alx file before reinstalling the move it back after.

Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

Alright thanks, Ill give it a try, I would really like to see this work

worked like a charm! All I needed to do was re- install the OS and save the BB file as .Alx not.txt! I love the tmot zen with horizontal icons

raychelabcdefg no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    this worked WONDERFULLY! I only wanted the pink TMO UK theme, but it's so nice to know I can do this. thank you so much. : ]

funkytorino no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Great post. Worked fine with my 8700g. Cheers

happdgirl no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thank you great thread! Worked great on my verizon 8130! Love the t-mobile zen!

szw82 no está en línea Stack level 2
    That

is

very

cool
    Last edited by Rcbjr; 04-08-2008 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Wasting space trying to get to 10 posts.

ray_1060 no está en línea Stack level 2
    WAHOO!!!!!!!!!!! I figured out what I was doing wrong(after reading the instructions like 20 time). These are pretty easy if you do it as you read. Thanks!!!!

guigonca no está en línea Stack level 1
    got a problem help please, i unlocked vendor themes i use t-mobile theme but i changed wallpaer for a picture of mine the thing is that i can´t wipe the picture out and let the original theme wallpaper that is blue if i hit restore wallpaper it brings my operator picture but no anymore the original wallpaper..why is that does somebody know?

even i deleted form my divice an loading again some thing...

Reldeed no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hey all... New guy here.

well... I've read through the install post and did the steps 3x on one computer and once on another and I'm getting the same problems.

Let me explain my situation.

I purchased an AT&T 8320 and had it unlocked to use on the T-Mobile network. The phone is now set up and runs great. However, I'm looking to get the "my favs" to show up. I thought that this would do the trick but I'm running in to problems and wondered if someone here could help me out with this.

I started by downloading all of the software that is needed - the software package from t-mobile on the phone and the DM software. When I started I have the information on the software in the DM properties.

I go the Blackbery.xml file and changed the text under the <!-- 02 filesets --> etc... on mine I have listed a number of vendors but not the 100 for t-mobile of the 102 for at&t. So... I started with the 100 adding the "100|" to the front of the string. That didn't work so I tried adding both of them "100|102"

After deleting the vendor.xml file I started the DM software. it runs and I get a message that states

"The BlackBerry Desktop Software does not have BlackBerry Divice Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless provider or system administrator."

However, when I check my Device Software Tab, I have
    "v4.2.2.180 (Platform 2.5.0.36) for the BlackBerry 8320 Series Wireless Handhelds"

Does anyone have any information that could help?

maltesefalconx no está en línea Stack level 1

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
      1. The File to download should have a filename similar to this format,
        EM_PBr4.2.2_relD_PLB_AC_AT&T.exe , where E, B, C, and D match those shown in figures 1. and 2. There may be other items in your filename, just make sure the Device type and version numberes match.
    1. Use Windows Explorer to find the folder indicated in figure 3 below, again match B, C and E, to the ones above.
    Rcbjr
    Uhmmm - I was looking for Vodafone's default screen when I ran across this post/thread - and think it's pretty cool - that all these are in here by default (if I've read everything correctly) -

I'm on T-Mobile USA - New Curve 8320... and was just starting the process you've outlined here...

Have 2 questions - Easy one first - If I unlock another carrier (like Vodafone) will I loose my T-Mobile "My Favs" option? I only ask, as I have seen others posting about this - either losing it... or trying to get it back - Don't really wish to lose it...

#2) I've gone thru your first 3 steps - and everything is cool - matches up etc - However, I cannot locate the /shared folder - I am running BB 4.4.2.180 and think I'm up to speed with all the latest SW/FW... as my DM screens look a little different than yours... Point being, I've found the vendor.xml file - but cannot find this /shared folder - (see attached)

Any suggestions? Have things changed with the new releases?

Cheers in advance -

MFX
    Attached Images Attached Images

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    1) not sure about this, but I really believe that is an account feature and not a theme controlled item. May have a different access method, but that's about it.

2) Sounds like you haven't correctly installed the Device Software Package What are the results of the question in step 5?

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

maltesefalconx no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks Rcbjr-

I am new to the whole crackberry thing - so pardon my ignorance...

As to #1 - suppose we'll just give it a go and see - but after posting this last night, saw on another Vodafone thread/post here, that the "new" gray theme is not loaded into the Curve... so this may be all for not...

But back to your question/solution -

My mistake, as I looked at the Components Tab - and not the Device Tab within my Desktop manager... for you're correct, the Device Tab is empty... so - whatever it is I'm supposed to be installing (sorry, just assumed this was already loaded when I loaded my PC and loaded apps and updates and such) - In fact, I'm still not sure "what" I'm missing here now? - I mean, I've loaded the latest BB Desktop Manager Software a month ago... and have even rebuilt my BB (per T-Mobs instructions as I had a Wi-Fi issue) - point being, I'm just unclear now what I am supposed to be moving over, or loading to my BB??

Again, sorry to ask such a stupid Q - but really thought I had the bases covered here... obviously I missed something...

Can you elaborate a bit on what and how to move said product over?

Thanks -

MFX

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    The easiest way is to go back as start from Step 5A. You just need to download and execute the Device Software Package.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

LinkBacks (?)