Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

I haven't read every page of this thread, so sorry if this has been asked ... BlackBerry News forum

dberman no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

I haven't read every page of this thread, so sorry if this has been asked and answered. I followed the directions, including changing one vendor back to original ID, and every time I try to update, I get a message in DM "No actions are required." I also don't see Blackberry Themes as an enabled or grayed-out option in the applications list.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I'm using a Verizon 8703e with OS 4.21

Wheelsucker no está en línea Stack level 1
    Assuming you're using Windows, did you delete the Blackberry OS from your computer? I'm betting you did (you can check be seeing if you have the following folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared).

If you have no Shared folder, that means the Blackberry OS is not installed on your computer. In that is the case, just reinstall the Blackberry OS onto your computer and follow the directions at the beginning of this thread.

Good Luck
    Last edited by Wheelsucker; 03-14-2008 at 10:04 PM.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by dberman View Post
    I haven't read every page of this thread, so sorry if this has been asked and answered. I followed the directions, including changing one vendor back to original ID, and every time I try to update, I get a message in DM "No actions are required." I also don't see Blackberry Themes as an enabled or grayed-out option in the applications list.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I'm using a Verizon 8703e with OS 4.21
    Did you delete the vendor.xml file That's also something that sometimes causes this. You won't see BlackBerry Themes for these themes listed in the applications list. They are considered part of the Core Apps and aren't separately selectable from the apps loader list.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

ray_1060 no está en línea Stack level 2
    okay, I have read and read and read theses instructions and other instructions, and STILL NOT able to get themes to work, let alone even show up in the theme selection screen. Some one PLEASE HELP!!!

Nope, that's not it.

Wheelsucker: Yes, I have a Shared folder. I don't know the name of the BB OS file, but the only ones I've touched are the blackberry.alx and vendor.xml.

Rcbjr: I did delete (actually saved it to another folder) the vendor.xml.

I'm on a BES network. Does that make any difference?

Thanks again for the sugggestions.

And now, it works!

After I posted my last call for help (like 5 minutes ago), I tried one more thing. I saved my original blackberry.alx file as blackberry-sav.alx in the same folder. I moved it to another folder and voila! Not all the themes are showing up, but I can activate them (I think) with the instructions here.

Thanks Rcbjr and everyone else for the excellent continuing support and ideas.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_1060 View Post
    okay, I have read and read and read theses instructions and other instructions, and STILL NOT able to get themes to work, let alone even show up in the theme selection screen. Some one PLEASE HELP!!!
    Ray,

Are you trying to activate the vendor themes or install custom themes? Have you actually modified the blackberry.alx file? If you correctly modified the .alx file and installed the updates generated by the modifications, you shouldn't have any problem selecting the themes.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

ray_1060 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I am trying to get more vendor themes, I have tried to follow these instructions and other, and I have edited the part in the blackberry.alx folder that I thought I was suppose to edit to get more vendor themes.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Well, if you have done everything correctly, and substituted the correct vendor ID for you BB, you shouldn't have a problem finding them.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Debias no está en línea Stack level 2
    anyone know what the vendor code is for verizon?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    I don't, but if you have a Verizon Branded Blackberry, you can find it by pressing and holding the ALT key and typing eace.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

ReccaKun no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E08FB0
    love this thread!! thank been soo much help!!

nusa no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Debias View Post
    anyone know what the vendor code is for verizon?
    if u using 8830 like mine the vendor is 105

Firefishe no está en línea Stack level 2

8700c Issues

I just SIM unlocked a Cingular 8700c so I could use my T-Mobile sim card in it, due to my T-Mobile 8800's USB jack breaking on me.

I want to have the same interface as my 8800 had, the one with the MyFaves circular icon selector.

I've worked diligently, following the instructions for opening the other vendor files, but I can't seem to get out of the at&t main theme.

Everything is functional, but I really do want the basic T-Mobile-with-MyFaves circular icon selector on my Ribbon.

Any ideas?

Oh, I just upgraded this particular 8700 from 4.1.x to 4.2.x .

Warm regards,
    Firefishe
    ----------------------------------------
    The Year is 2009.
    The Name is S.A. Brown
    BrowNAV (Brown Navigation)

----------------------------------------

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefishe View Post
    I just SIM unlocked a Cingular 8700c so I could use my T-Mobile sim card in it, due to my T-Mobile 8800's USB jack breaking on me.

I want to have the same interface as my 8800 had, the one with the MyFaves circular icon selector.

I've worked diligently, following the instructions for opening the other vendor files, but I can't seem to get out of the at&t main theme.

Everything is functional, but I really do want the basic T-Mobile-with-MyFaves circular icon selector on my Ribbon.

Any ideas?

Oh, I just upgraded this particular 8700 from 4.1.x to 4.2.x .

Warm regards,
    Firefishe

What vendor code are you adding?

Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

LinkBacks (?)