Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

I have been trying out the HTC Touch Pro2 since last week and it just ... BlackBerry News forum

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Advertisement

I have been trying out the HTC Touch Pro2 since last week and it just isn't doing it for me. I like the fact I can use GoToMyPC and access my desktop same as I would via my laptop but it's slow to respond, the email just isn't as good and the big thing for me is, there is no bedside mode or "Phone Only" mode. I'm on-call 24/7 and depend on this profile.

I've been following your posts here and even though I have the Tour, I'm now interested in the S2. The main reason I started looking for a different device is I am wanting a better browser and better attachment viewing. I saw the post about the browser basically being the same. Can you view attachments in landscape mode and do you feel the attachment viewing is better than the Tour or the Curve, or whatever your previous device was?

I'm definitely not going to make a decision until I can try out the new Droid series coming out but would like your opinions.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I actually haven't tried viewing any attachments but I will test it and report back. Maybe Jake has? I will compare what I can view on my wife's Tour and how it looks with how it is on my S2. I want to try a droid too. Just not sure if I am ready to step away from BB. I am sure the Pro is cool but from my first experience with HTC it would take a lot to switch to another and honestly I didn't see you staying on it when you posted you had switched.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Well I didn't really switch, I was just using a demo for a week. Thanks for testing that out. Just let me know what you think...

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Well I have come across my first issue. Whenever I call my voice mail and it connects the keypad flashes and then goes to a configuration that is unusable. There is no # and no way to enter my password. Guess I will be working on figuring this out today.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    If all else fails, you may have to disable your vm password. Does that also mean if you are on an automated call, you can't respond with numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Well I have come across my first issue. Whenever I call my voice mail and it connects the keypad flashes and then goes to a configuration that is unusable. There is no # and no way to enter my password. Guess I will be working on figuring this out today.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    So there is no way to bring up the keypad while on the phone? I know there was an issue like this when the storm first came out. One way around it not a secure way but you can save your password in your phone settings. So when it dials it also puts in the password.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; A6277 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshSeawell View Post
    So there is no way to bring up the keypad while on the phone? I know there was an issue like this when the storm first came out. One way around it not a secure way but you can save your password in your phone settings. So when it dials it also puts in the password.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; A6277 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1
    The keypad comes up but it is all out of whack. It wasn't like this until today so I am thinking just a glitch. Battery pull did nothing so I am trying to decide what to try next.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    I use Visual VM so I hadn't tried yet. Just gave it a shot and mine works just fine, and allows me to type in my password. The number screen actually stays up where on my Storm 1, I had to hit the keyboard key after initiating a call to type in password.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    OK, Got it figured out. Went into Language and text Input and changed keyboard layout from automatic to Qwerty and now I am back in business.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Good news, Randy.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    That's interesting. Mine says automatic. Strange strange!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoUp View Post
    That's interesting. Mine says automatic. Strange strange!
    Must have been just a glitch. After reading your post I went back in and set it back to automatic and it is still working. Will just have to keep this in mind if it happens again or someone else happens to have the same issue at some point.

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Well I broke down, just bought the new Storm. Should be here tomorrow, missed the blackberry...
    -Josh

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Congrats, Josh. I am sure you will enjoy it.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by KalebsDad78 View Post
    Well I didn't really switch, I was just using a demo for a week. Thanks for testing that out. Just let me know what you think...
    Haven't gotten the wife to slow down long enough to compare these yet.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast