Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by MotoUp Feel free to ask any questions you might have... Can you ... BlackBerry News forum

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by MotoUp View Post
    Feel free to ask any questions you might have...
    Can you make the FedEx guy get here sooner?? You tried wifi yet?? Was everything transfered cleanly from your Storm?

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    LOL, thanks raton, I'll keep that in mind.

I'll call your Fedex guy Randy and light a fire under his but. Have not tried Wifi yet. Probably won't get to that until tonight, but I will definitely report back on it.

No problems with transfer for me because I'm on a BES. I'm confident you won't have any problems with a back up though...

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I hope AT&T launches their rumored 9520 soon. Thank goodness I didn't jump ship and join the iphone patsy.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

taynepope no está en línea Stack level 2
    Storm 2 in hand....*droooooooool*

So far I love it. The screen is phenomenal. I got it activated on my BES, now installing all my software. The screen does in fact click. It's a very even click all the way around. It doesn't move far though, and doesn't take much to click it. HUGE improvement.
    Sounds awesome..impressed w/the new screen RIM implemented. Many ppl didn't like the clicky-thing

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Watching the WS and just saw the first Vz Storm 2 commercial!! Looked cool and is just making me jones a little more for my new BB.

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Ships with a 16gig card? Man that's SWEET!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by bmay82 View Post
    Ships with a 16gig card? Man that's SWEET!
    Sure does and thats a good thing. I only had 1 gig left on my 8. It will be like having a whole new card...lol

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Used the Storm today. The OS is a lot faster, in every way more iPhone-like response!

Also the detection and switching between landscape and portrait modes is now probably even a tad faster than the iPhone AND at least 3 or 10 times faster than the Storm 1 (when it detected the change)! No more shaking the device lol. THANK YOU! That was unacceptable for a $600 investment. Don't even talk about OS upgrades for what should be standard out of the box.

However, typing was not good for me. You STILL have to press the screen too hard! I know it's double click or sure click, etc, but too many times I've pressed letters and nothing goes through. Plus, the sound the screen makes when pressed in is annoying, it sounds a lot like when pressing on a hard candy wrapper. As the the GUI and deep navigation, I don't think the BlackBerry OS/GUI was ever meant for touch nav and that shows a lot after going beyond the home screen.

Overall, it's certainly a BIG improvment (including built quality) and I'm sure if I took it home there would probably be more pleasant surprises. Yes, it had that "feel", the one where you know its possible that the device could grow on you. Most importantly unlike my first impressions of the Storm 1, my impressions of this Storm are mostly positive.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Awesome, Thanks for sharing Hayden!! Do you think if you would have taken it home and been able to play with the touch sensitivity settings it might have worked better for you? I thought about holding out for the droid but being the BB addict I am had to go for this one.. Hope I made a good choice and if not I have 30 days. Might end up on a droid in the end anyway.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Awesome, Thanks for sharing Hayden!! Do you think if you would have taken it home and been able to play with the touch sensitivity settings it might have worked better for you? I thought about holding out for the droid but being the BB addict I am had to go for this one.. Hope I made a good choice and if not I have 30 days. Might end up on a droid in the end anyway.
    It's VERY possible. The screen technology (clicking of it) seems activated only when the device is powered on. So it would be interesting to see how much control settings have. My gut feeling - now that you bring it up - is a lot. Based on the drastic change when turned off. So it may just address that issue.

However, if I were to go back to BlackBerry as my daily device it would quicker be the Bold 2 or some other trackpad BB to come since I'm not convinced that the current adapted OS/GUI is touch-nav ready. You can tell the GUI has been changed to meet the hardware requirements and not a smooth merging of both from the start (not built specifically for touch). BTW, its still a lot of screen space to give up if moving from touch screen and not sure if I can go back to a tiny screen (eyes not as good as before) so for now besides the iPhone, Android 2.0 looks VERY tempting!

Also there's the issue of the Storm's incompatibility with BlackBerry apps. Many apps work on all the other BB's but NOT the touch Storm. That needs to be addressed. Android 2.0 has addressed this and enabled developers to make apps compatible for all screen sizes etc. with ONE app build. Apps are more important to smartphones than ever. So the Bold 2 for me trumps the Storm because of these aspects. Its just a shame of the lost screen size.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    Also there's the issue of incompatibiliy of apps. Many apps work on all the other BB's but NOT the touch Storm. That needs to be addressed. Android 2.0 has addressed this and enabled developers to make apps compatible for all screen sizes etc. with ONE build. Apps are soo important. So the Bold 2 trumps the Storm for me because of these aspects.
    Crossing my fingers that this is addressed at the BBDC this year. We'll see But I am w/Hayden. Given the choice of the 9700 or S2, I'd go Bold

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    Crossing my fingers that this is addressed at the BBDC this year. We'll see But I am w/Hayden. Given the choice of the 9700 or S2, I'd go Bold
    If I had the choice I am sure I would as well, but here in the sticks I have to take what I can get. I am looking forward to the reviews of the droid on Verizon when it launches the 6th. If I see enough positive I will more than likely be switching over if I don't get the feel of the S2.

I'm really impressed so far. Screen response is phenomenal. I didn't have any problems typing on S1, but I can type even faster on the S2. I can see what you mean by the candy wrapper sound Hayden, it is a little "clickier" than the original, but mine doesn't have an annoying sound as what I think you're describing. If the screen is in fact OS controlled, I'm sure it will be fine tuned.

I'm still not sure about that though because the screen actually does depress like the original, just not as much. Guess we'll see.

Like I said, very impressed so far. Love the Wi-Fi since coverage at my house is limited (only place I go where I get crappy signal of course) and it's working great so far. I haven't had a lot of time to play because today was pretty busy so I'll report back after I have another day or two under my belt.

Oh, and so far, every app I use has been compatible.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I'm really impressed so far. Screen response is phenomenal. I didn't have any problems typing on S1, but I can type even faster on the S2. I can see what you mean by the candy wrapper sound Hayden, it is a little "clickier" than the original, but mine doesn't have an annoying sound as what I think you're describing. If the screen is in fact OS controlled, I'm sure it will be fine tuned.

I'm still not sure about that though because the screen actually does depress like the original, just not as much. Guess we'll see.

Like I said, very impressed so far. Love the Wi-Fi since coverage at my house is limited (only place I go where I get crappy signal of course) and it's working great so far. I haven't had a lot of time to play because today was pretty busy so I'll report back after I have another day or two under my belt.

Oh, and so far, every app I use has been compatible.
    Thanks for the update, Jake. If you are impressed coming from the original then that is good enough for me. I can't wait to try mine out in the morning. If you come up with any hints or tips please post or BBM me so my transition will be even more seamless..

I really don't think you'll have any problems. I'm just amazed at how much easier typing is, and I thought it was easy before. You're not going to see a whole lot of difference between the Os'eseseses on S1 &S2 but it's very smooth for me. BBM me when you get it up and running. I'll go through it again in the morning and see what I can come up with for you.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast