Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Reddog, Thanks for the info. I'm just surprised that it wiped out my entire call ... BlackBerry News forum

jjs_austin no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: How To: Stop Disappearing SMS/MMS/E-mail/Call Logs

Advertisement

Reddog,

Thanks for the info. I'm just surprised that it wiped out my entire call log. COMPLETELY empty. How much space could the latest 10 calls take?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by jjs_austin
    Reddog,

Thanks for the info. I'm just surprised that it wiped out my entire call log. COMPLETELY empty. How much space could the latest 10 calls take?
    They shouldn't take up that much. I think it's a cumulative effect with the rest of the stuff on the phone. I try to keep the minium amount of emails and messages on my phone just to keep it running smooth. I deleted a bunch of text messages last night and my pearl is just flying!!!

jkrive no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by jp2b
    There is an easier fix for this...

Go Into media

then choose any folder in there for arguments sake lets choose music

while in the music folder press the menu key and choose options

Change the Device Memory Limit to 12MB
    Change the Reserved Pictures memory to 5MB

this free's up 13MB of reserved space the defaults are to large... this has been fixed in the 4.2.1.66 software version
    This worked for me too. I don't have any deletion problems anymore!!!

pablomh no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    240d81b1

Thanks guys ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Brooke_rufio no está en línea Stack level 1

None of these helped and i tried it all! My sms messages come in and before i can even read them they're deleted right away, after i send them they delete too. It doesn't happen all the time just every few days. I also delete my messages often to ensure that there's enough memory

PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke_rufio
    None of these helped and i tried it all! My sms messages come in and before i can even read them they're deleted right away, after i send them they delete too. It doesn't happen all the time just every few days. I also delete my messages often to ensure that there's enough memory
    Do you have a lot of apps or themes installed? Check how much available memory you have left.

deadlyzap no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi,
    i am facing a certain problem in 8100.All my SMS that were 2 month old have disapperead from the Message Inbox.Only service messages from T-Mobile(service provider) are in the Inbox.
    Is there any setting that i can see those messages.I didn't delete any of those.
    I do not know how to view the archieve folder or where to look for the missing messages.
    Please help me to find the missing messages.

micherooo no está en línea Stack level 3

Since I am not a developer, just a normal user that likes to download apps...is there a way I can have the event log NOT log since I don't need it? So I am supposed to clear the log and do a battery pull once a week....ummm..ANNOYING. I have been so paranoid about losing my messages/call logs (it happened twice now) that I do the log clear more than once a day!!! Ok...so I'm a little OCD too Plus...I'm officially a crackberry now and am always fiddling with it...

I see the OPTIONS menu in the Event Log but am wary about changing anything under there....

PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by deadlyzap
    Hi,
    i am facing a certain problem in 8100.All my SMS that were 2 month old have disapperead from the Message Inbox.Only service messages from T-Mobile(service provider) are in the Inbox.
    Is there any setting that i can see those messages.I didn't delete any of those.
    I do not know how to view the archieve folder or where to look for the missing messages.
    Please help me to find the missing messages.
    I'm not sure where you SMS went to. It all depends if you had the auto delete turned on or not. You can always try and go under messages, menu button, then view folder option and look under those different folders. If you had keeps messages set to something other than forever it will eventually delete them. I always just save the messages that I want, so it's never a problem. If you save a message it will not delete unless you delete it yourself.

Hope this helps.

PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by micherooo
    Since I am not a developer, just a normal user that likes to download apps...is there a way I can have the event log NOT log since I don't need it? So I am supposed to clear the log and do a battery pull once a week....ummm..ANNOYING. I have been so paranoid about losing my messages/call logs (it happened twice now) that I do the log clear more than once a day!!! Ok...so I'm a little OCD too Plus...I'm officially a crackberry now and am always fiddling with it...

I see the OPTIONS menu in the Event Log but am wary about changing anything under there....
    I see you're still on the TMO .64 OS. I myself would actually upgrade the OS. Don't stay with .64 it has known issues with the memory dump so upgrade to at least .71 Cingular or .73 Cingular/AT&T. For beginners I would stick with that. If you're really feeling adventuresome you could always upgrade to the new Rogers 1.94. Just get off of the .64 OS.

Hope this helps.

nabingham no está en línea Stack level 1

I was having memory problems, sms texts were disappearing, etc. so i googled it, found this thread and so followed the thing about upgrading to .74. i DL'd the cingular software, deleted the vendor.xml file, connected my pearl, did the upgrade but now it wont turn on. all i get is a double red blink with the status light. its not recognized on USB and taking the battery out doesnt help. did i just royally screw myself over?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by nabingham
    I was having memory problems, sms texts were disappearing, etc. so i googled it, found this thread and so followed the thing about upgrading to .74. i DL'd the cingular software, deleted the vendor.xml file, connected my pearl, did the upgrade but now it wont turn on. all i get is a double red blink with the status light. its not recognized on USB and taking the battery out doesnt help. did i just royally screw myself over?
    Try this OS with the same process http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ers_4_2_a.html

PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by nabingham
    Let us know how it goes. If you need help just holler. I'm subscribed to this thread or if you really want just PM, PIN or IM me. I'll usually respond if not busy at work. Usually pretty bored.

brittalynn no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    ???

Clear Event Log
    Press ALT + LGLG
    Menu/Blackberry Button
    Select Clear Log

what is the event log i wnt to it but i dont wnt to delete somehting i might need

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

nope you con't need it it's just a log the BB keeps. nothing big
    you are safe
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast