Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Hey guys I was having the same problem, fortunatly I work for corprate cingular.... anyway, ... BlackBerry News forum

jenneebeegee no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: How To: Stop Disappearing SMS/MMS/E-mail/Call Logs

Advertisement

Hey guys I was having the same problem, fortunatly I work for corprate cingular....

anyway, you can go into settings> options> advanced options> applications> now in here you can delete blackberry sample video>
    any languages you will not use on you device from both input support and language

AFTER YOU REMOVE ALL OF THESE THINGS RESTART YOUR DEVICE by selecting the restart option, after the last language is deleted.

let me know how that works!

JayceeBBerry no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23f2fc08

okay thanks for the info...I will try it out to see if it works for my phone
    DJayCee (((( Spin Doc )))) Mr.Exclusive

Daiikun no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242A31A6

The removing of the battery to reboot it was a great idea and it worked! If you're running any 3rd party apps, I strongly recommend this option...

DaBlackPearl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E4F2FD

That's really helpful; I had that problem a while ago, but I started doing battery pulls (and now Soft Resets), and that seems to end that problem.

Phoenixsong7 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23ED454C
    Thanks for the info. What's the event log anyway? Do you really need it? Is it normal for your sent messages to disappear seconds after you've sent them?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Event log is for debugging. You don't need it but developers do.

You probably have SENT MESSAGES Hidden. Just go under Messages, General Options, Hide sent messages just change it to NO. I like them hidden.

decibel no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Thumbs up Re: How To: Stop Disappearing SMS/MMS/E-mail/Call Logs

this problem drives me crazy to no end! thanks a bunch!

Turns out i have the older version .64 - time to update!!

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

To all those who saw the light as to the reason behind this issue, you are not alone. I am a tech rep and you would not believe how many calls a day i get about this.

htny no está en línea Stack level 1

does this disappearing email thing affect BES users? e.g. could it wipe emails off the server mailbox?

PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by htny
    does this disappearing email thing affect BES users? e.g. could it wipe emails off the server mailbox?
    This only effects your BB. You emails will stay on your server or where ever they are sent to.

htny no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the info, helps my peace of mind. I went to the 1.66 Telstra OS. Does the same problem occur for users on this OS?
    Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    This only effects your BB. You emails will stay on your server or where ever they are sent to.

PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by htny
    Thanks for the info, helps my peace of mind. I went to the 1.66 Telstra OS. Does the same problem occur for users on this OS?
    I have not heard of it happening on the newer OS. I could be wrong though. This was mainly a problem with the .64 OS from TMO.

jjs_austin no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Thafunstarts
    I also have found that anytime you receive service books on your device it also clears the call log... and some carriers send service books quite frequently
    How can you check your service books? Is there a log somewhere?

Thanks

PIN/ID
    STACK

Service books are found at

Options
    Advance Options
    Service Book

Not exactly sure what you're going to do with them, but that's where they are located.

PIN/ID
    STACK

RIM has identified a design problem with the way that controls within the media application have been implemented. In the media options ("Media Application" > Pick an application such as Pictures > [BlackBerry Menu Key] > "Options") there are two settings:

“Reserved Pictures Memory” – Default Value = 10 MB – This setting reserves memory for Pictures that the customer may take. It blocks off the memory, reducing the “File Free” amount that displays in “Options” > “Status”. This guarantees that the customer will have memory available and will not overwrite email messages within the memory setting set.

“Device Memory Limit” – Default Value = 20 MB – This setting is a safety water mark. It prevents the customer from placing more than the specified amount of memory in their content store (pictures, ringtones, music, etc.. in device memory)

The implementation problem with these settings is that the “Reserved Pictures Memory” setting does not prevent the customer from going beyond the specified amount of memory. That is to say, if the customer has it set to the default value of 10MB, they are not prevented from taking 15MB of pictures for example. The only setting that will limit them is the “Device Memory Limit” setting.

The 20MB default value for this setting is a bit high as typically after loading the handheld software, the memory available is about 20MB. If the customer has a number of contacts, calendar entries, tasks, memopad items, emails, etc… they could have less than 20MB available. This means, with the default settings, the customer could fill their content store to the point that Low Memory Manager activates in an attempt to free up new space by deleting emails and call logs. If approached by a customer in this situation, please recommend that they reduce the “Device Memory Limit” setting to it’s lowest value of 12MB. It is recognized that even this value is high, and the values (including the defaults) are being adjusted in future releases of handheld software.

================================================== ========

Having a large amount of images, ringtones and or games stored in the device may reduce available free memory. If the BlackBerry Pearl's memory is at or near capacity the handheld will begin to delete the oldest Call Log and Text Message (SMS) entries in an effort to free up memory space. In order to prevent this, free memory must be increased.
    NOTE: Saved messages will not be deleted.

Just a refresher for everyone. Found from the "other forum" which was found on a wireless provider site.
    Last edited by reddog187; 05-08-2007 at 05:01 AM.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast