Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819 LastLast

Thanks for posting this. Had no clue the event log held that much info until ... BlackBerry News forum

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Advertisement

Thanks for posting this. Had no clue the event log held that much info until tonight. I learn something new everyday!
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

jazzyjj521 no está en línea Stack level 1

memory card

Or you might just need a memory card. I had the same problem I got a memory card and I havent had that problem since

ernsalas no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks just did it to mine and freed a whole 2 mg!!!better than nothing!!!

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Go to Options. SMS. You can store to sim. Or, select Number of Previous Items and pick a higher number to be saved prior to system dumping them.

ryansto1854 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thought this would be a good place to post. If not let me know. I just inserted a 1GB chip into my 8310 with nothing on it and Status is showing 8.6M Bytes available. No photos, no videos. 4 ring tones and 2 themes (plus factory). not a whole lot of 3rd party apps

Running v4.2.2.170 (2.5.0.30)

Is this accurate?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Quote Originally Posted by ryansto1854 View Post
    Thought this would be a good place to post. If not let me know. I just inserted a 1GB chip into my 8310 with nothing on it and Status is showing 8.6M Bytes available. No photos, no videos. 4 ring tones and 2 themes (plus factory). not a whole lot of 3rd party apps

Running v4.2.2.170 (2.5.0.30)

Is this accurate?
    Have you formatted the card? You may want to try that.

Aishiteru no está en línea Stack level 1
    Im still having problems after going through every step and i have no pictures or ringtones besides the ones locked and i have only 3 ringtones on my memory card. and sometimes it shows that i have a text coming in but i dont recieve it and so far it's only been the texting and call logs that have been erasing ._. idk what to do now

*edit* not only that but also it's been freezing a lot lately with the hourglass and reseting a lot too ._. it's getting so ridiculous to the point that i dont even want to try texting or calling anymore
    Last edited by Aishiteru; 08-08-2008 at 04:41 AM.

brendrew no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3025E332
    So for some reason, I have all my sms and e-mail but my mms has disappeared. I recognize the memory limits on my pearl and check it regularly. I have a 2 Gb microcard. I don't know what happened to my mms and I have searched quite a bit but ready to give up finding it. I had a friend send a picture but it directed to go mytelusmobility to retrieve it. I did have mms when I first got the phone. Any suggestions or should I go back to Telus and ask them?

ddemmet no está en línea Stack level 1
    Is this why my AT&T Nav icon disappeared?

rwc3b no está en línea Stack level 1
    Is there a way to allocate file sizes in the Options menu so I can increase the limit for SMS and Call Logs while decreasing other things?

PIN/ID
    STACK
    Quote Originally Posted by rwc3b View Post
    Is there a way to allocate file sizes in the Options menu so I can increase the limit for SMS and Call Logs while decreasing other things?
    No there is no way to to do this. If you have your security turned on, you can activate the memory cleaner and that will clean out your memory when idle.

JCG3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by brendrew View Post
    So for some reason, I have all my sms and e-mail but my mms has disappeared. I recognize the memory limits on my pearl and check it regularly. I have a 2 Gb microcard. I don't know what happened to my mms and I have searched quite a bit but ready to give up finding it. I had a friend send a picture but it directed to go mytelusmobility to retrieve it. I did have mms when I first got the phone. Any suggestions or should I go back to Telus and ask them?
    Call Telus Customer Service and have them resend all the service books. then take a picture and send it to yourself. that should work.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    Delete unwanted Applications to free up Device Memory
    By using your Desktop Manager, and Application Loader
    uncheck unwanted Applications
    I am trying to get rid of the default built in media player. Is there a way to remove it? I have 3rd party players and don't use the one already on the phone. Thanks. I have a T-Mo US 8120 with OS 4.5.0.81.

PIN/ID
    STACK
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    I am trying to get rid of the default built in media player. Is there a way to remove it? I have 3rd party players and don't use the one already on the phone. Thanks. I have a T-Mo US 8120 with OS 4.5.0.81.
    I've actually never tried. I don't think it's possible with just the App loader. It might take some modifications of the files. I don't think it's worth the risk. Sorry Erica

babybluetx23 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have the Same exact problem with mine! I took my memory card out and made sure there was NO other pics or ringtones other then the ones that came with the phone, I did an over the air program, I deleted all 3rd party apps and other languages, I have two themes on my phone, the one from verizon and the today theme that came stock with the blackberry. my call log and sms messages still disappear. I have the 8830 from verizon. I have whiped handheld before and left my card out and didnt install anything and it still happened. I have upgraded the OS to 4.2.2.196. I watched the memory leak like a sive one afternoon with nothing running on the phone. Each reboot was because my txt messages and call log disappeared.

Rebooted Phone
    3,354,584 12:20p
    2,634,428 12:24pm
    2,806,728 12:24pm
    2,758,916 12:29pm
    2,872,608 - 12:31pm - shut down yahoo IM
    1,835,992 - 12:34pm
    1,846,760 - 12:38pm
    Rebooted phone
    3,961,976 - 12:43pm
    4,223,820 - 1:07pm
    3,877,584 - 1:15pm
    1:40pm Rebooted phone and did an alt +lglg
    4,552,404 - 1:41pm
    3,664,788 - 1:58

I eventually got fed up enough with it I called Verizon Wireless and they are just going to replace the phone. This has been happening since I bought the phone in may. I have done all the steps recommended on here and it still did it. im hoping it is just a flaw in this one handset and not an ongoing problem with the 8830. I REALLY like the 8830 and im not sure if I really want to move to the storm since it is still so new.