Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819 LastLast

Originally Posted by tarotgaladriel Just joined this forum and loving it after getting a new ... BlackBerry News forum

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by tarotgaladriel View Post
    Just joined this forum and loving it after getting a new curve a week ago.
    I currently have around 16000000 spare and use a SD card for pics etc. So far I have not had any issues with memory but would like to remove extra languages....

but Im stuck.......I am using a UK T-mobile 8310 OS 4.2.2..........when I open the application loader all it shows are the themes and 3rd party applications. I can't see the languages anywhere. How do I show them?
    At the bottom of the window there is a tick box 'List additional applications that are installed on the connected device' it is ticked but greyed out so I can't untick it......

any ideas?
    Hi tarotgaladriel. It sounds like you do not have the handheld software downloaded and installed on the PC. If it is not it will only show the added programs in application loader. Download the handheld software from your carriers website and install it on the PC and you should see it in app loader. Also you can delete the languages and such from the phone from options, advanced options, applications. Hope it helps. Welcome to the Stacks.

tarotgaladriel no está en línea Stack level 1
    HI Eddie, thanks for the reply....which software do you mean? I have downloaded the Desktop software version 4.3 from the BB site.......is there something else I need? These languages are driving me nuts LOL I can't seem to see them in the application section of the device........either than or they are listed under something not obvious....

HI Eddie, thanks for the reply....which software do you mean? I have downloaded the Desktop software version 4.3 from the BB site.......is there something else I need? These languages are driving me nuts LOL I can't seem to see them in the application section of the device........either than or they are listed under something not obvious....
    In addition to the Desktop Manager you need to have the software that is on the phone installed on the PC. This will allow you to make modifications/ reload the software on the phone. I believe this is the link for your carriers site and download for the handheld software. The file name is 8310M_PBr4.2.2_rel323_PL2.5.0.34_A4.2.2.176.exe

Yep, just found that one myself. Do I need the multi-language version of DM or will the english one be fine?

Feel much happier now I know which are the right bits to download.
    Thanks so much Eddie, you are a star!!

Yep, just found that one myself. Do I need the multi-language version of DM or will the english one be fine?

Feel much happier now I know which are the right bits to download.
    Thanks so much Eddie, you are a star!!
    No problem. Either DM will work for you. Multi language is just bigger.

one last thing, if I remove languages, voice dialling etc, will it give the option of putting them back later, as it does with themes etc?

yourock2425 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    *&^%$#
    Im using media manager and I dont see the preloaded ringtones that came with my 8830. Is there a way to delete these as well ?

one last thing, if I remove languages, voice dialling etc, will it give the option of putting them back later, as it does with themes etc?
    Yeah you just need to put the check back in and then run through application loader.

Quote Originally Posted by yourock2425 View Post
    Im using media manager and I dont see the preloaded ringtones that came with my 8830. Is there a way to delete these as well ?
    Yes there is but it is wholly at your own risk. You need to modify the cod files or alx files in the software to do this. (or use javaloader command prompt to do it) This thread should help. It will give the basics even though the software is different and the file names may be slightly different. Hope it helps.

Just installed the extra bits and am removing the languages as we speak......can't see anything about voice dialling though.....so can't remove it.....

Just installed the extra bits and am removing the languages as we speak......can't see anything about voice dialling though.....so can't remove it.....
    Voice dialing ( as far as i have ever known) needs to be deleted through the alx file or by deleting the cod file in the java folder. The link in the post above will assist with getting it done.

Changris no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b1356b
    Thanks for the info yea I REALLY need to clean my bb up lol~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Gadget_08 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Great advise
    PIN: 2516DE3E

sherrieab no está en línea Stack level 1
    ok! that helps a lot, but here is what i did and now i don't know how to fix it, i tried to download myspace im on my phone even though i knew it wouldn't work.. dumb me, however it said it saved it SOMEWHERE, but i can't find it anywhere to delete it! it dropped my memory down to absolutely nothing, but i cant find out where it is to delete it! please help!!!!!!

iamgoofy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    210ca18d
    Ok here's what I do when I download something somewhere! I click to redownload the same thing again,,,thens when you see where it was downloaded the first time! Hope this helps!
    Quote Originally Posted by sherrieab View Post
    ok! that helps a lot, but here is what i did and now i don't know how to fix it, i tried to download myspace im on my phone even though i knew it wouldn't work.. dumb me, however it said it saved it SOMEWHERE, but i can't find it anywhere to delete it! it dropped my memory down to absolutely nothing, but i cant find out where it is to delete it! please help!!!!!!