Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast

thanks for the tips ... and and I've found it helps to BACK UP OFTEN ... BlackBerry News forum

blueberry5 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: How To: Stop Disappearing SMS/MMS/E-mail/Call Logs

Advertisement

thanks for the tips ...

and and I've found it helps to BACK UP OFTEN and do a battery reset (take the battery out for a few seconds and and put it back in from time to time, especially if you aren't able to do a backup. )

SoLiSe no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by kane
    thanks worked for me and my 8830
    (I do know this thread is for 8100's but noticed some 88xx's too)...I'm sorry, I am a Lot confused. What exactly worked for your 8830??! Because I am having a 'similar' problem and have tried ALL this and Nothing is helping! My prob is: (I ALWAYS check my status -espec when online) After a batt pull, I will have over 11-15MB free file space and (not only if using browser) within 30 minutes - will have less than 2MB and this'll keep decreasing until my 8830 finally "locks up" (eternal hourglass) because the free file space is @ 0MB!!?? I do have a 2Gb SD and have cleared all logs, etc as mentioned prev. NO unused apps, etc...and ALL my media files ARE on my SD --None are in phone mem. (Ringers/pix/vids/and music!) Anyone have ANY ideas?? It's getting so bad I can't even use my BB long enuff 2go2 my Doc's office and play a game in waiting room-bout2hrs-cuz I'm constantly having to wait for hard resets (I know, craZy example, but it's what I got). I love (LOVE) my 8830, but this is really a Major problem. I am also losing all my phone logs after bout 12-24hrs, sometimes sooner. No lost mssgs tho. Thanks ahead 4 any help!

SoLiSe no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by dpmach
    i just have one question. When i first got the blackberry, i was able to see the date and time the call (in/out), or message was recieved or sent. For some odd reasons, now I only see the name and number everytime i check miss call or a text. Would doing this method help get all the info to display date and time each call was recieved?
    This is a pretty easy fix. All u gotta do is open your messages folder and pull up options on the menu.. Select the 'General Options' and then you should see an option that sas 'Display Time' ...set this op back to YES and your problem will be solved.

redbonnie no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    304E6F86

Tried this out, it was reallllllllllllyyyy helpful, you rock dude !!!!!!!!!

jdiiams no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a04078

ok, i tried everything, but my call log still shows 2 missed calls and it won't go away. any other way to get this off my home screen?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Have you backed up lately when the missed calls weren't there?

Did you go through you logs to find the Gold X phones and used view history or did you just delete them?

PIN/ID
    24a04078

yeah, i backed it up yesterday, and then it showed up. i tried to do another backup today to see if it would go away. i did check the call history for missed calls as well, looked at all of them, then deleted them. not sure where to go from there....

PIN/ID
    STACK

Don't back it up...restore it with that last backup you did yesterday when it didn't have the icon.

That should get rid of it...hopefully you didn't add anything important between today and yesterday.

let me know how it goes

PIN/ID
    24a04078

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!!! its' fixed, and i'm not annoyed anymore!!! That was perfect!!!!

PIN/ID
    STACK

cheers man. Welcome to the stacks

PIN/ID
    24a04078

Thumbs up Re: How To: Stop Disappearing SMS/MMS/E-mail/Call Logs

well, been here for a while. this is the site that i pitch to new BB users for help and getting to know the BB. i am SUPER stingy, but i would pay for this site!!!!!

riff_raff no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    26853B59

Wow did you guys come through for me again!
    I started having this problem AFTER I upgraded to .107, so I went out and sprang for a 2GB MicroSD card... everything seemed OK for a while but then I dl'ed some themes and
    IT STARTED AGAIN...

Man, was I PO'd!

So I pulled this thread up and actually read it all the way through.... I checked the File Free and it was only about 4.1 MB's.... it was the language packs!!!
    So I made the decision to keep only the English and Spanish and pitch everything else, but then I couldn't find them where everyone kept saying to look under Applications, and running Application Loader on the DM was only picking up the Themes and some other 3rd Party software.... anyways- I rebooted the DM and it picked up the language packs after that....
    After deleting all those foriegn languages and the Sample Video, I picked up about 14MB's!!!!! Right now I'm about at 18.2MB's- what a difference! I haven't even started transferring my photos to my memory card yet!
    Thanks for all your help!
    riff-raff

BombaMyte no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240B992D

I refer all of my BB customers to this site. Period.

remmy00 no está en línea Stack level 2

GREAT tip!!! solved this issue for me!!

aflansburg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2469F3D5

Quote Originally Posted by MKhora View Post
    Also I would

1. Put a 2 Gig card in the phone, and
    2. Clear your cache daily.
    This is the best advice you can take. Your device memory is pretty small so loading all kinds of apps and themes will definitely cause your messages to be deleted once a certain capacity is met.

Note: You can't load apps or themes on the media card. You just have to be frugal with device memory. Haven't found a way to store messages on the card either. Probably won't happen.
    Last edited by aflansburg; 10-31-2007 at 04:21 PM. Reason: additional info