Via CBS Sports A bankruptcy judge has rejected the proposed sale of the team to ... BlackBerry News forum

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe

Staying in 'Zona: Judge rejects sale of Coyotes, move to Ontario

Advertisement

Via CBS Sports

A bankruptcy judge has rejected the proposed sale of the team to Canadian billionaire Jim Balsillie, who would have moved the team to Hamilton, Ontario.
    Judge Redfield T. Baum issued a 21-page ruling late Monday afternoon, concluding that the June 29 deadline imposed by Balsillie did not allow enough time to resolve the complex case.
    "Simply put, the court does not think there is sufficient time [14 days] for all of these issues to be fairly presented to the court given that deadline," the judge wrote.

read more...

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Very interesting. I guess some folks have more money than they know what to do wih it-lol.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    bad move by the NHL.... Could have put a team that had instant rivals, and saved a ton of money not supporting phoenix another year at least.

Not sure how the NHL deals with the Islanders, Rangers, and Devils all within the same geographic range as what was proposed in the Hamilton area.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Obviously ice hockey and Phoenix just don't mix....I went to one game once, only because of a free concert they had after it I don't know anyone who goes to the games regularly. They should have let the BlackBerry boss buy them and take them some place where people may care that they exist.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    I guess, "If you build it.....they will come" does not always apply.....
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by BestWitted View Post
    I guess, "If you build it.....they will come" does not always apply.....
    Not for a winter sport in the desert where fishing and drag racing on TV gets better ratings.. lol

If I was in phoenix I would go though.. hop the boards and just roll on the ice to cool off !!

jamie_2692 no está en línea Stack level 1
    The devils had to pay the islanders and rangers when they moved to NJ in the 80's.

Bettman is so naive to think that the coyotes will become profitable ever. They have 58 people in their fan club, enough said. They just don't deserve the team.

It would be better in any city in Canada with at least 100,000 people, just like the Packers work in Green Bay.

BiggieMack25 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm an AZ native.born here. Raised here. Hockey was a great gimmick in the first two years or so. Hockey in the desert. Unfortunately gimmicks only last as long as its new. Wayne Gretzky (hope I spelled it right) as a coach. Great gimmick. Then they showed that they are still a mediocre (at best) hockey team. Popularity? It melted about as fast as a block of ice on the concrete in the Arizona Sun. Sorry but the sale was a popular vote among AZ citizens.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~