Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I have a question about the wifi. Lets say that I am on a phone ... BlackBerry News forum

schunter1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Question

Advertisement

I have a question about the wifi. Lets say that I am on a phone with wifi and travel outside the country. Would my phone work using a wifi signal, even though I don't have an active international acct?

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    Wifi has nothing to do with phone calls. You should be able to do anything that requires an internet access with wifi. but as far as phone calls, wifi has nothing to do with it.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Well, it sort of does if you have T-Mobile and their wi-fi calling plan but I don't think that works outside the U S, right? Also don't think that any other carrier has a plan like that.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    i was just considering sprint and vzw, speaking about the tour

Gotcha, Charlie. I just wanted to include that info. Wasn't sure what device or carrier Schunter uses.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

schunter1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks fellows, I wasn't worried about the phone call. I knew it wouldn't work unless you used something like skype. I was just wondering if I could hit a hot spot and use my messengers..yahoo or aim..That would be all I needed.

I don't know if any of this works in an "overseas situation" but I can communicate via wi-fi only using IM+ from Shape Services to gain access to Facebook and Skype - both of those have IM capibilities - as well as a Twitter connection. uberTwitter also works wi-fi only. I seriously doubt if any of it works out of the US but you might contact IM+ support (support@shapeservices.com) and ask them.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123