This has never happened when we ALPHA test for iPhone, BlackBerry and Windows Mobile. Here's ... BlackBerry News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Skyfire for BlackBerry haulted by Developers due to Alpha leak

Advertisement

This has never happened when we ALPHA test for iPhone, BlackBerry and Windows Mobile. Here's Skyfire's statement:

"Unfortunately, our Skyfire BlackBerry Alpha was leaked today and we’ve temporarily stopped our private Alpha program. Our intention with this Alpha was to get some early feedback under NDA with a limited number of BlackBerry Bold users – all under NDA during this early dev phase. We know that we have lots more work ahead of us, so we intentionally limited the number of participants as well as the development to the Bold model. Needless to say, this leak was not conducive to the intent of our Alpha.

During the time it was leaked, there were many BlackBerry users trying the Alpha release on Curves, Storms and other BlackBerry models – it was not intended for these devices. Of course, eventually, we will expand the program to include more participants and more BlackBerry models. In the meantime, we appreciate BlackBerry users’ interest in Skyfire and we’re working hard to get to the Open Beta BlackBerry finish line."

We are pretty certain that development will continue, but feedback via early access users is probably out the window.

Read More

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    As long as it has taken for anything to leak for Skyfire... what else did they expect really??? Next time they should host their beta on the Stacks!!!

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Quote Originally Posted by impak875 View Post
    As long as it has taken for anything to leak for Skyfire... what else did they expect really??? Next time they should host their beta on the Stacks!!!
    I have to agree...... They should have asked the Stack for testers! I would have been more than welcome to assist with this one.........................
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    It's a shame that people decided to leak it. It clearly wasn't ready and they clearly did not have the resources prepared for the sudden influx of new users. This just makes it harder for developers to trust the community and means it will take longer for it to get to us. Bummer...
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

fox581 no está en línea Stack level 2
    What did they expect from  users? This has been a long awaited app.
    Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.13216/504; U; en) Presto/2.2.0

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    i think they probably expected the private testers to honor their NDA regardless, i can understand the frustration from both sides. blackberry users are foaming at the mouth for a new browsing experience.

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    yeah I would have to agree....to bad some people have to spoil it for everyone, like they say, it only takes one bad apple to spoil the bunch....
    "good things come to tho's who wait"

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    While I can appreciate their position on the matter of trust/privacy with the alpha testers, the rush from the BB community to test this out and help it's progression should be appreciated too. BB OS' are leaked all the time, but RIM doesn't cripple devices using it or stomp their feet and refuse to continue development.
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    Too bad Skyfire relies on their proxy server instead of rendering WebKit on device...
    Need an eScreen code? Try my generator: http://absolous.wavegap.com/projects/escreen/

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Opera mini owns bb browser and this lil shinanigan till now
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    Opera mini owns bb browser and this lil shinanigan till now
    actually i would have to argue that bolt is a much better browser than opera

9of13 no está en línea Theme Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    ive used Skyfire last year when i had a windows phone. It was sooooo sweet!!!! i too cant wait for a BB version. now we have to wait longer
    For my theme blog, remember....
    Resistance Is Futile

Waller no está en línea Stack level 1
    I downloaded opera mini and bolt at the same time and tested both browsers for 2 weeks and have come to the conclusion that opera mini is better........ bolt is just too complicated and not as clean and high quality if you may----OPERA MINI!!

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    I even prefer the BB browser over the Bolt!
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

Tre Lawrence no está en línea Developer
    I prefer Bolt to OM.