Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shazam is now available for BlackBerry, you can get it in the new App World ... BlackBerry News forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Shazam Available for BlackBerry

Advertisement

Shazam is now available for BlackBerry, you can get it in the new App World or see more on RIM's site here. Thanks to PinStacker Ge who asked about it in this post that let me know it was out and to amsirron23 who posted it here.

In the App World it is shown as free, but upon download it is actually free for 2 months then $4.99 or free with limited features(limits not specified). I think it would be better if it was clear from the start that it was a free trial and if they made the purchase price easily known as well. Reviews on App World say it's not working so well on the Storm but it works great on my 8330 Curve and you Storm users have time to test it before you buy it.

So as you can see from the screen shots, you can identifiy music, read reviews, share the tag and more. Be sure to read the terms and conditions as there are limits to how many per month you are permitted to use or they may terminate your service

I played with this for a bit this morning and seems to work pretty well. I listen to some less well known music so I will have to see how it does with recognizing tunes from my favorite stations. So it's easy to use just click the icon, menu/tag and it listens or you can configure in the options to automatically tag on application launch. It listens for about 10 seconds then tries to match. If no match found and the song is still playing it will let you keep trying.

Every song you tag is saved to your tag list, these tags can then be reviewed later, shared, used to purchase, get more info, find similar style music, or just deleted. So what are you waiting for? Go check it out!
    Last edited by azstar; 04-01-2009 at 10:15 AM.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Thanks, Az. Looks interesting - it's on my list of stuff to do today.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

I tried to get it to identify a song I was streaming on my BB but that wouldn't work It stopped the stream so it could listen.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

mscooley no está en línea Stack level 1
    Just in case... if Shazam ISNT showing up in your list. Use this link: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ent/933/Shazam

FYI - The link only works if you access it via SMS and you must use the "Open In App World" option rather than the traditional "Get Lnk"
    Last edited by jblackfish; 04-01-2009 at 12:59 PM. Reason: font color/bold.

I was able to use the AppWorld search feature to find it fast, thanks for the link.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    May look into it. Ty az.

amsirron23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    207B4907
    Shazam works well for me! Tagged all my "tester" songs so far!

its worked well for me does anyone know how many you are limited to before we breach our service?

PIN/ID
    207B4907
    I believe it should be unlimited for the length of the trial period. After that, I have no idea what the limits are. They don't really specify.

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm bemused as to why it's a trial for the BlackBerry when the Android and iPhone versions are freeware.

I might have to... do something about that.
    Need an eScreen code? Try my generator: http://absolous.wavegap.com/projects/escreen/

lsu4lif3 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    i still like pandora
    Never give up...you can always make a difference

Lol, I like pandora too, but they do totally different things, can't really compare them

One plays music, the other listens to it

PIN/ID
    207B4907
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyth View Post
    I'm bemused as to why it's a trial for the BlackBerry when the Android and iPhone versions are freeware.

I might have to... do something about that.
    I completely AGREE. Let me know when it's free like those damn iPhone users!

miberry no está en línea Stack level 2
    Enjoy the trial. I think they need some budget to give us better service, however
    And god creates the BlackBerry.

Simply revolutionize

http://mindberry.net

Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/luongdat

flat4 no está en línea Stack level 1
    my daughter had been using in hey iphone for free and when it was available for the bb i was excited until i notice the free trial. I guess they have to make money somehow

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast