Stuttgart-Boston—March 1, 2010 — SHAPE Services, once again in 2010 surprises BlackBerry users with good ... BlackBerry News forum

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

SHAPE Services announces free IM+ on BlackBerry

Advertisement

Stuttgart-Boston—March 1, 2010 — SHAPE Services, once again in 2010 surprises BlackBerry users with good news, this time with the release of free ad-based version of its best selling IM+ Instant Messenger on BlackBerry. IM+ Lite is the only IM app for BlackBerry bringing so many features at no cost to the user.
    IM+ Lite gives access to MSN®, Yahoo!®, Google Talk™, AIM®, Jabber®, ICQ®, Facebook®, MySpace, Skype™ and Twitter, thus allowing BlackBerry users effectively communicate on-the-go and experience a multitude of other great features, like file transfer, online translator and group chats.
    SHAPE Services will continue selling its paid version of IM+ through various eshops and its website. In addition to all features of IM+ Lite, paid IM+ supports speech recognition and IM+ push notifications.
    "Release of IM+ Lite follows other important releases announced only a few weeks ago, IM+ for Skype with free VoIP calling in WiFi zones and Business Card Reader. People love free apps and we aim to deliver exactly what the user needs” said Igor Berezovsky, SHAPE Services’ CEO.

For more information and download go here.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

gschoelles no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask

Thumbs down Free my 30 minutes

Yeah after setting up 6 accounts and thinking how cool this is, I get the message "IM Lite connection only allowed for 30 minutes, consider upgrading to full version" Deception dose not take me to a nice purchasing attitude.

Deleting NOW!

dklimah no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    thank god i read this. Im not even gonna bother.
    Gyros anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by gschoelles View Post
    Yeah after setting up 6 accounts and thinking how cool this is, I get the message "IM Lite connection only allowed for 30 minutes, consider upgrading to full version" Deception dose not take me to a nice purchasing attitude.

Deleting NOW!
    My sincere apologies! This is supposed to be a free version with ad banners as indicated! I'll check with my source @ Shape Services and post back. I would never have posted a deception like this if I had known.

I will get back and if so I'll close the thread. It may take a while for me to get the reply since my source, I believe, is in Europe.

Until I find out the details and report back ONLY download if you're curious. I have not tried this version since I use the full version already. Thanks.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 03-11-2010 at 01:04 PM.

lsu4lif3 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    yeah i was all excited to download and install it till i read that post bout it wants you to buy thr full version thats depressing...it would have eliminated a bunch of other apps that take up so much memory
    Never give up...you can always make a difference

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    I downloaded the lite version and so far so good. Although I don't leave it running in the background, so not sure about the 30min thing. I'll leave it running and see what happens...

Still haven't gotten a reply from my contact - probably gone home for the day.

I went ahead and downloaded it too. So far I think it looks really good! I haven't had it up for 30 minutes either but I'm gonna leave it open for at least that long to see what the deal is. I'll get back in about 20-30 minutes if anything pops up. I had a little trouble installing which may be because I have OS 5.0 on my 8330 and they don't list a version for 5.0 on my device.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    Yeah nothing happening...been open for a bit now and nothing has popped up, when back to the application, nothing appears. Working fine for me.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    If it is the same as the iPhone lite version, it will time out after about 30 minutes of inactivity and you have to sign back in. It's good if you only use it occasionally to contact others, but if you need it live so others can have 24hr contact with you then the pay version is the way to go.

It does state that the stay online/push feature is not included on their page that JB linked in his post:
    "* Lite version is ad-based and does not offer IMPush/Stay online and Speech Recognition functionality"
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

I've had IM+ Lite up for an hour or so and nothing's popped up about only being available for 30 minutes. I can't say it's been completely idle for 30 minutes but I see nothing but good looks from it. If it DID time out after being idle for 30 minutes it wouldn't be a deal-breaker for me.

If someone sends me a message and I don't get it immediately it's probably not gonna be a life and death situation. In fact, there are a ton of ways to send me messages and many times I'm just not available. I'm sorry I didn't check it out before posting so I could reply to any of your problems more factually up front. Since I use their other products I assumed, correctly I might add, that it's up to the same good standards of other Shape Services products and it's free.

Bottom line: From what I can see this is a quality product and I recommend you download and try it to see if it fits your needs.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    J, don't be so apologetic. IM+ does what it says it does. The paid version adds amongst other features, push messages to your mail box. ... great for those important messages to get through !
    I've had the full version on all my BB's and have no need for another, or to have the im on all the time.
    Its a great application and very useful !

Thanks, Del. I was only apologizing for not being more prepared, i.e., "up" on the facts on what I post. Next time I will be.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I didn't experience this issue when testing it for my review of IM+. Perhaps it was because I was chatting away during my testing. For those looking for alternatives for BB, I did a review on the other major players that support 5.0, BeeJive and Nimbuzz that may help you decide on an app.