While some of this is not surprising the latest rumor from GizmoFusion shows that Verizon ... BlackBerry News forum

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

Rumor: Verizon Planning on Killing Off 4 Blackberry Models

Advertisement

While some of this is not surprising the latest rumor from GizmoFusion shows that Verizon is moving 4 BlackBerry models to End Of Life status. This includes the BlackBerry Storm 9530 (Original Storm), BlackBerry Curve 8330, BlackBerry 8830, and the BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8230. I am still kind of shocked that Verizon is killing off the 8330 which is the most popular smartphone out today even though it has been replaced by the 8530.

[Read More]

NickAC no está en línea Stack level 3
    Also surprised that they're killing off the 8830. They don't have another camera-less BB in the lineup, right? I still see a lot of business users with the 8830. Maybe they'll keep it around for direct order from corporate customers only...
    Last edited by NickAC; 02-25-2010 at 02:53 PM.

blakklite no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    30b742b0
    Quote Originally Posted by NickAC View Post
    Also surprised that they're killing off the 8830. They don't have another camera-less BB in the lineup, right? I still see a lot of business users with the 8830. Maybe they'll keep it around for direct order from corporate customers only...
    Actually, VZ is selling a Camera-less Tour. Kind of strange that the price is the same tho...

dakid2k6 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Makes sense to me for the 8830. The tour does everything the 8830 does and the addition of being able to use one with or without camera is a plus.

pkcable no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask via
    And interestingly the 8703e is alive and kicking! (FTR I have one in addition to my S2)
    Rich C.
    Twitter me @ http://twitter.com/pkcable

Reinstall Your OS on a Bricked BB Click here

NickAC no está en línea Stack level 3
    Ahh, okay, Heard rumors about the camera-less Tour but didn't realize it was already out. Yeah, in that case it makes sense to kill off the 8830, although it also makes me sad. I've always liked the 88xx BBs.S omething very elegant about the style - no nonsense and understated. I think these are still the best looking BBs, except maybe for the 9700. If not for 3G, I think I'd save money and just pick up a used one!

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    They should get rid of all the ones with trackballs. Damn trackballs. They make me so mad when I start thinking of them lol. J/k but not really
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

pkcable no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask via
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    They should get rid of all the ones with trackballs. Damn trackballs. They make me so mad when I start thinking of them lol. J/k but not really
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16
    That's pretty much what they ARE doing, with the exception of the Tour, and how long can the Tour last once the Tour2/Bold2/9650/WHATEVER they call it comes out?
    Rich C.
    Twitter me @ http://twitter.com/pkcable

Reinstall Your OS on a Bricked BB Click here

wheelz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    The 8330 being the work horse that it is. Its suprising and at the same time understandable. The 8330 can't handle the newer os's without some serious TLC. I'm disappointed in the 8530 with the camera quality. I thought a new device got better not worse. The track pad is nice. I'm so tired of cleaning the track ball on my 8330 about every 2 to 3 months.

tippmann15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I loved my trackball,i played around with my friends sensor pad and couldn't get used to it. But that was only one time, hopefully the bold trackball has no issue when I get ahold of one.

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by tippmann15 View Post
    I loved my trackball,i played around with my friends sensor pad and couldn't get used to it. But that was only one time, hopefully the bold trackball has no issue when I get ahold of one.
    Are u speaking the 9000 or the essex or bold or whatever they are calling it like one posted above,because it will have the trackpad that's the direction rim is going,me personally love the track pad it does take some getting used to but god no issues with the trackball not working.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Maybe replacements are on the way
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    I think that's what's going on their just phazing out these models for the updated versions

jhutton12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7BB5F94A
    I'm so happy verizon is moving forward with the new editions of blackberries! Its time to continue to have better things and not just hang to something that used to work but not in keeping with the times! Verizon is not stupid! They will always have a selection of camaraless phones for those who work in government and private areas that requires high level security!