We’ll be blunt, here: after its predecessor’s bumpy start, the BlackBerry Storm 2 needs a ... BlackBerry News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Rumor: Verizon to extend their Buy One, Get One Free deal to the BlackBerry

Advertisement

We’ll be blunt, here: after its predecessor’s bumpy start, the BlackBerry Storm 2 needs a really, really smooth launch. The BlackBerry Storm launched with handful of nasty bugs and software shortcomings, nearly all of which were fixed within the first few weeks; yet to this day, most people respond to the BlackBerry Storm with “Ack! Isn’t that thing super buggy?”. It looks like Verizon’s fully aware that they need to shine a positive light on the upcoming sequel – and what better way to do so than giving them away for free?

While we can’t speak for its validity, BlackBerry Rocks! just put up a shot of promo flyer reportedly leaked from Big Red themselves. It continues Verizon’s recent trend of Buy-One-Get-One BlackBerry deals (which, by the way, still requires two contracts – it’s the second device thats free), with one notable change: it includes the BlackBerry Storm 2 (shown here, and in most recent leaks, as Storm2). The original Storm came around 5 months before Verizon kicked off the BOGO deal, so it wasn’t too crazy to see them pairing up the sales; but the same deal on launch day? We’ll take two. For the price of one.

Read More via MobileCrunch
    Last edited by srl7741; 10-12-2009 at 09:58 PM.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    If this is true then I will be all over it. We officially become Verizon this Sunday and my wife and I have 4 upgrades available over the next 4 months. I am wanting to get the Storm 2 and my wife the Tour so I hope this ends up being truth and not just a "Rumor". I'll be a Guinea Pig.

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro
    Too bad breaking my contract with the evil Empire would cost me my first born son or I'd switch to V for this deal.
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Yes, I'm a BES admin with an iPhone 3G.

Follow me on Twitter!

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    The newest rumor I have found today on the Storm 2 is a surprise launch tomarrow. I know how my luck goes so I know it won't be that good. I just hope it is truly in the next month or two. I am really excited to see if it is better than the failed Storm launch. Also if it does release tomarrow I will be at the Verizon store Sunday to bring mine home.