Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This isn’t confirmed, but with RIM rumored to be exploring sliding-QWERTY devices for a pretty ... BlackBerry News forum

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

Rumor: New Blackberry Slider Qwerty

Advertisement

This isn’t confirmed, but with RIM rumored to be exploring sliding-QWERTY devices for a pretty long time, one of Boy Genius's BlackBerry connects dropped some info on them and we wanted to share it. It’s a portrait-oriented slider. While most people assume a device with slideout keyboard would end up being something like HTC’s devices, we’ve been told this particular handset is more like the Palm Pre in terms of layout. What do you think of this rumored device?

[Read More]

dakid2k6 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Sounds very interesting. Would love to see the keyboard slide out to the side instead of like the picture. Hopefully the final product would be as such. I feel that the keyboard would be crammed up in that way.

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    You know I agree,except if they did it similar to the picture if they could put the 9700 keyboard like the picture I think it would work. I would prefer a side slide out but with the qulity of the products they have been releasing I think it would be as sloppy as the side kick,I'm really rooting for RIM but they need to do something their becoming the new palm before palm reinvented themselves, I will admit the new 9000 leak is a step in the right direction.

Here is a mock illustration by Natemz of BB OS Mobile..

dakid2k6 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Now that works. I agree with doom. I now own a 9700 and the keyboard and phone is perfect so far. Not one issue has come. If they do a 9700 keyboard and it slides down like the photo above its a winner. Either or I'm rooting for RIM also, they need to make moves to improve before they become the next palm prior to there re-invention.

s2kneSs no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Now that lookks sexy. I would instantly purchase this phone. 9xxx whatever it would be called don't matter as long as it functions as good as the Storm2 if not better and the reliability of the 9700 this is a winner.

Just makes me wonder if it would be alittle top heavy while trying to use the keyboard.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I wonder what the real thing will look like when and if it comes.....
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

I'm more partial to slide out keyboards from the side. Just seems like it would be easier to type on and hold.

Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Just makes me wonder if it would be alittle top heavy while trying to use the keyboard.
    Good point,I don't think it will be as big at the top imo,but I think if they threw the 9700 keyboard under insted of some of the keyboards that are put on phones now they'll be one step ahead. one thing RIM is known for is their keyboards and if they can incorporate that in to a slider they could possibly have a great phone.

slideaway no está en línea Stack level 2
    I too agree that the device is nice and that it would be top heavy while trying to type. Not a fan of that position but I like the direction they're (rumored) to be headed and would preferred a landscape slideout. It would be nice if they beefed up the resolution too.
    Hopefully they'll make a hardware announcement at, or around, WES2010 for new devices this spring. They need to get some fresh hardware out.

gschoelles no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask

Slider

This is almost a mandatory item for my next phone.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Boy......IDK what to think of this one? It's definitely different than I may have thought. RIM's keyboards are the best so I guess it won't matter how it appears top to bottom or side to side. I'm wondering if the slide out like pdx mentioned would be better as far as size goes. The Palm Pre has a pretty small keyboard (to small for me) where the slide out may offer a more comfy size.

I'm just happy to hear they may be working on new things. It's been awhile since RIM has announced anything actually new.

DCorrea702 no está en línea Stack level 2
    its a werid looking BB...

Quote Originally Posted by DCorrea702 View Post
    its a werid looking BB...
    Its a mock up lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast