Lvallejo666 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Am starting to loose hope in BB/RIM

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by BES Noob View Post
    HTC copy cat?
    Definitely not because this design was patented awhile back, way before the HTC models were released. What took it so long to resurface again I dunno but we will find out.

assdee no está en línea Stack level 2
    Full keyboard is good to have but honestly, BB is losing its battle against newer smart phones. I think (and if this rumor is true), this is a half harted effort from RIM to get back into competition unless it also revamp its OS to do what new Android phones do.

VandalDuck no está en línea Stack level 2
    Blackberry lost me. I was thinking of giving the Storm 2 a chance to replace my World Phone, but the OS was not a huge improvement. I wanted a better web browser and a more open environment for app development. I am thrilled with my Droid so far. It has surpassed my expectations. And while the app store isn't even close to the iPhone app store, I would suspect that the gap is going to narrow quickly.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0; en-us; Droid Build/ESD20) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    This slider bb is known with the code names Blackhawk/Mr. T/Talladega, features a OLED HD screen technology,(support for 3d graphics, full open GL support, possible with a 5mpx camera, flash support with the infamous web kit browser, supposedly with a 1 mhz processor and new tech chip set, wifi and a few more goodies, present is on its first stages of testing, the graphic shown here is what was supposed to be the storm 1.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    I don't think the design or concept will make a difference once released because it all comes down to what the device has to offer operating system wise. I mean, they could have a flip/slide/touch screen all in one device but if the OS is the same as the older models already available to us on a simple trackpad/trackball device why even bother purchasing it? Seriously, RIM needs to stop focusing on the hardware and focus on what the device has to offer as whole and not just the looks. It's like trying to make a honda civic look like a Ferrari but you know what that civic will only deliver what a civic will normally deliver and not a ferrari; it may look like it, very beautiful and attractive but performance wise will definitely bite the dust. My honest opinion about this shenanigan.
    well said.

with the release of the Bold 2 and the Storm 2, imo, RIM has hit its peak of handset-to-OS performance. Any further releases based on this same OS platform would just be cosmetic changes and I would see no reason to upgrade. the time has come for a revolution to be made to the software side of things so that the hardware can compliment the room that would be made for growth.

they've squeezed all they could out of this dated platform and I applaud them for that, but now it's time to change.

JaidedFocus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    262A279E
    It'll be just my fortune that they release this with a new OS and all new features but T-Mobile won't get it until a year after everyone else :cry: I'm gonna just get the Storm 2 when I get a chance and unlock it on T-Mobile IF it allows me to utilize EDGE.
    My Focus may become Jaided but never my determination...

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    I'm thinkin this is the phone that's gonna be the first phone with the overhaul,either this or the mythical dakota but I'm curious to see if this codename "mr T" is real

crysti_reyes no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24B09C64
    BLASPHEMY!!

ajspade no está en línea Stack level 1
    I like the concept but it looks a lot like some other options out there. If the OS is still the same then I would have a hard time investing in a change from my curve. I have really been intrigued by the Pre and the HTC phones. If the next BB doesn't come with a better OS I may well look elsewhere.

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    I don't think the OS will be the same unless this phone comes out soon. Plus people don't forget all the news that came from the developer's conference on all the changes coming to the BlackBerry platform. Together with new device designs like this, we can expect big things I think.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Everybody's been wanting one, but will they buy one???
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Lvallejo666 View Post
    Am starting to loose hope in BB/RIM
    +1 sadly I agree.

They've learned from, and adopted the Apple style.

I've seen them waste too many wonderful opportunities.

Deliver less than ready for prime time devices.

And act as though they are Apple, where many customers will simply buy into anything put in front of them.

Then to make it worse, they defend RIM as though it was one of their loved ones.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12