Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hot off the Rumor Blackberry Mill is the idea RIM may be working very hard ... BlackBerry News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Rumor:BlackBerry Touchscreen Slider on the Way

Advertisement

Hot off the Rumor Blackberry Mill is the idea RIM may be working very hard on a new Blackberry form factor.
    IntoMobile has posted an interesting article. I'm posting in hopes it's TRUE and 2010 will be the year RIM makes some needed change. Make the jump to read more or revisit some other Stackers thoughts on this topic. Here

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I've seen this diagram before, or something similar. IMO opinion, they've just got to develop a device like this to keep in stride with the competition.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I don't think the design or concept will make a difference once released because it all comes down to what the device has to offer operating system wise. I mean, they could have a flip/slide/touch screen all in one device but if the OS is the same as the older models already available to us on a simple trackpad/trackball device why even bother purchasing it? Seriously, RIM needs to stop focusing on the hardware and focus on what the device has to offer as whole and not just the looks. It's like trying to make a honda civic look like a Ferrari but you know what that civic will only deliver what a civic will normally deliver and not a ferrari; it may look like it, very beautiful and attractive but performance wise will definitely bite the dust. My honest opinion about this shenanigan.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    HTC copy cat?

mccx33 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215b70b5
    Um, a bit too non traditional for my liking..

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Make the keyboard a little bigger or offer more keys and I'd buy that.

kayhites717 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    This would be great as long as it doesn't become too flimsy and cheaply made. So many of these slider phones have such a cheap feel to them. My husband has the Samsung impression. The concept is really cool, but the phone really just became junk after a month or two. As long as Rim hold fast in the integrity of the build, I think this is a great union of touch screen and full tangible keyboard.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I was getting ready to purchase the LG EnV3 or a new BB until I saw this posted. I will save my money now.

kayhites717 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    I don't think the design or concept will make a difference once released because it all comes down to what the device has to offer operating system wise. I mean, they could have a flip/slide/touch screen all in one device but if the OS is the same as the older models already available to us on a simple trackpad/trackball device why even bother purchasing it? Seriously, RIM needs to stop focusing on the hardware and focus on what the device has to offer as whole and not just the looks. It's like trying to make a honda civic look like a Ferrari but you know what that civic will only deliver what a civic will normally deliver and not a ferrari; it may look like it, very beautiful and attractive but performance wise will definitely bite the dust. My honest opinion about this shenanigan.
    A BIG HUGE ENORMOUS MONSTER A - M - E - N to that Raton! And might I add, we r ATT users. RIM really needs to start making the companies (att) keep up with the technology and software foer their customers! What good is it to have a high tech phone if we are limited by the os software our carrier provides? Not all of us want to have the hassle or take the chance on bricking our phones by using a beta os. Good thoughts, Raton! Two Major Thumbs Up!!!

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Right now the only thing that's gonna make me want to stay with blackberry is a OS overhaul.

This is hideous by the way.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I wonder when this is from, trackball and those look like smoothie icons. It looks so chunky compared to my Droid.

I agree that the OS needs to be their next big change, then maybe I'll come back.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0; en-us; Droid Build/ESD20) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I had no idea how dated the OS was till i started putting in some time on the iPhone. Now with the Droid front and center it's just worse.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

Gapoteam no está en línea Stack level 2
    Never do not like the look of new phone.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

johnb51780 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I think we have to keep in mind what blackberry is,there not known for ground breaking designs,there known for doing things right,and that's exactly why I stay

ReggieSmith no está en línea Stack level 3
    We have to remember that BB is 1st and foremost concerned with sending and receiving email. Everything else is just extra. They handle email and handle it well, so the major OS upgrade will be slow coming since OS 5 is still relatively new. Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/7D11

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast