Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hold on to your hats, BlackBerry fans, because this one’s a bit crazy. Truesupplier, a ... BlackBerry News forum

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

Rumor: BlackBerry Pearl 9100 to ditch SureType?

Advertisement

Hold on to your hats, BlackBerry fans, because this one’s a bit crazy. Truesupplier, a well respected online retailer of OEM and third party phone parts and accessories has published images of what it claims is a full-QWERTY keyboard for the upcoming Pearl 9100. Featuring what is best described as a shrunken down version of the Bold 9700’s keypad complete with guitar-like frets separating each row of keys, we have virtually no doubts that this keypad is indeed genuine. Having said that, we believe it’s for another device. Why? Take a look at the send, end, menu and back keys. See how they’re stacked on top of one another and extend well beyond the top of where the trackpad will sit? ? There’s no way that would ever fit into the Pearl as we know it unless everyone on the 9100 team at RIM collectively lost their minds and decided to shrink the screen. We’re just throwing this out there as nothing but a guess, but perhaps this belongs to a next-gen Pearl Flip? Regardless, we’re really intrigued by the idea of using a full-QWERTY keypad in such a tight space. But level with us, readers. Is this a viable solution, or should RIM just keep going with the SureType keypad no matter what its detractors say?

[Via CIO]

Article by BGR

Lvallejo666 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Wow, that's gonna be hard to type on!! Is it gonna be for kids with small fingers!

jg1thomas no está en línea Stack level 2
    Booooo! I actually am a fan of SureType. The keys on my pearl are small enough. That's one thing that deters me from getting a curve. Guess only time will tell. Thanx for the tip

mburfeind no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm a big fan of QWERTYs but agree, the Pearl will be extremely cramped with a full keyboard. I vote for the SureType on small devices.

I'm hoping this is for another device or just an add on. The Pearl should come with a SureType keyboard. BB has plenty of devices with the full Qwerty keyboards. It is nice to have a BB with the option for SureType if you want it.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I doubt this. Suretype is awesome for boosting input speed and accuracy. I think many users still own Pearl because of their love for the keypad/suretype.

Unless suretype will be adapted for qwerty similar to touch screens.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16

richmo58 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Interesting. I have mixed feelings about this.

I had an 8100 for a couple years, then went to an 8900 because I liked the bigger screen and QWERTY. But, I have to say that SureType on the Pearl was and is brilliant. My wife has an 8120 and it is nice to type with those larger keys on such a small form factor. SureType gets confused once in awhile and sometimes its a pain fixing what you've typed in, but a large percentage of the time, its quite good.

riff_raff no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    26853B59
    Suretype definitely takes some getting used to but once I did I liked it a lot- I don't think ditching it would be a good move.

rhin0247 no está en línea Stack level 2
    The pearl was my first blackberry... i loved the device, but hated the keyboard... I hate suretype and have large hands soo the pearl only lasted 2months with me... but to have QWERTY keypad on such a small device would be almost impossible to type on... keep suretype even though i hate it, it makes the most sense

jg1thomas no está en línea Stack level 2
    When the SureType starts getting confused, its cause the cutom dictionary needs to be cleaned up every once in a while. When you enter in a lot of words or phrases manually, they get stored into the custom dictionary, and then tends to pop up with other keystroke combinations.

ts1757 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I don't use suretype cause of unsupport of the language in my country, i use doubletap and it's working quite fine. QWERTY would be a pain in the a.s on such smal area of the keypad on new pearl absolutely.

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    I don't like SureType at all. I have a Storm and I am constantly using it horizontally to get the QWERTY keypad instead. But I do agree the small device will be cramped with miniature buttons. I'm going to be bold and say I think this pad is for the Pearl. I think they are ditching it all together

If you want to see the leaked image of the 9100 then go to THIS thread. It clearly shows a SureType keyboard.

9of13 no está en línea Theme Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Personally, the keyboard looks like it might fit a Pearl Flip. If you look at the layout of the keys, and compare it with the current Flip's keyboard, you can see the menu, call, end, and back buttons line up. and the way the corners of the keyboard are rounded like the flip's may suggest this may be for a possible new Flip. it could fit a qwerty keyboard.
    For my theme blog, remember....
    Resistance Is Futile

pkcable no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask via
    Who knows what RIM has up their sleeves these days! Everyone thought the slider was dead than BAM, there it is again. And this whole Tour/Bold name game, PAHLEEEESE!!!!
    Rich C.
    Twitter me @ http://twitter.com/pkcable

Reinstall Your OS on a Bricked BB Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast