It's a anti theft program, just like smrtguard, but it's a one time fee of ... BlackBerry News forum

automan69 no está en línea Stack level 3

Roblock For Blackberry

Advertisement

It's a anti theft program, just like smrtguard, but it's a one time fee of $10 instead of a monthly fee.

RobLock provides protection and safety from theft or losing your device and helps to retrieve it back. Now the users can forget the fear of losing their device by protecting it using RobLock Software.

GPS & Cell based device tracking

Roblock can point the location of your lost or stolen device on Google Maps using the WHERE command. If your device doesn’t have an integrated GPS hardware, or if the device is at a location where GPS signals are unavailable, Roblock automatically uses the cellular tower location information to show the approximated location of your device.

Remote interaction through SMS, Email and Web interface

Roblock allows you to communicate to your missing or stolen device in three different ways. All the operations on your device can be performed using any of these three technologies. For instance, locating your device can be performed by sending an SMS with the text "Rb+ < password > WHERE" to your device, by sending the same text as the subject line of an email to any email accounts configured on your device or by logging on to the Remote Web Interface with your Roblock account and invoking the WHERE command.

SMS/Email notification on SIM Change to predefined recipient

If your device comes with a replaceable SIM card, Roblock can inform you any event of SIM card replacement of your device to your configured SMS and Email recipients. This ensures your connectivity to your device even if the SIM card of your device is replaced. CDMA users don’t have to wait for such notifications and can start sending commands directly.

Recover contacts from lost phone
    Remote Wipe the entire device/media card
    Remote LOCK & ALARM
    Remote Call Back
    Does not require BES/BIS for Remote Wipe

There is a FREE Trial HERE: And from your Home Computer HERE
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 10-20-2009 at 02:04 AM.
    Wouldn't it be nice if when ever we messed up our live we could simply press ' Ctrl Alt Delete' and start all over??

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no
    this sounds very interesting. I'm a little concerned though of what protections are in place for the server-side account info/pw/controls and what can keep a hacker (or mischievous/disgruntled member of the RobLock team) from abuse.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Going to check this one out when I get home. I was in the SmrtGuard beta and loved the idea, but can't afford the monthly fee at the moment. Going to see if this is a viable alternative.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

coverdac no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2158058d
    I been using the app for months and I love it. My lil girl thought it would be funny to hide my berry. Since I only use the vibrate profile, this came in handy. I sent the lock command with alarm and the berry went nuts with cop sirens. She had it in her toy box inside another toy which I would have never have looked. Anyways, this is just one of many cool thinks you can do with this app and its a one time fee.

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T
    Quote Originally Posted by blackninja View Post
    this sounds very interesting. I'm a little concerned though of what protections are in place for the server-side account info/pw/controls and what can keep a hacker (or mischievous/disgruntled member of the RobLock team) from abuse.
    this is what worries me about these. i'm really wanting a locator and remote wipe for my device since my last bb got stolen.