Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

T-Mobile, AT& and Rogers today announced the upcoming availability of the BlackBerry Bold 9700 with ... BlackBerry News forum

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Blog Entries

RIM, T-Mobile, AT&T and Rogers Introducing the BlackBerry 9700

T-Mobile, AT& and Rogers today announced the upcoming availability of the BlackBerry Bold 9700 with Wi-Fi

Calling from T-Mobile. It will be the first 3G-powered BlackBerry smartphone available through T-Mobile USA, and also the first smartphone from Research In Motion that includes built-in support for both 3G connectivity and voice calls over Wi-Fi.

Specifications

3.2 megapixel camera with autofocus, image stabilization, video recording, flash and 2 x zoom

122 g, 109mm x 60mm x 14.1mm

2.44?480 x 360 display

New 624 Mhz processor, 256 MB of flash memory

Wi-Fi with UMA support, A-GPS, Bluetooth (incl. A2DP)

3.5mm headphone jack, microUSB jack, and microSD memory card slot supporting up to 32 GB

Optical trackpad

1500 mAh battery with 6 hours of talk time or 19/15 days standby (GSM and UMTS, respectively)

1900/1800/900/850 MHz on GSM, 2100/1900/850/800 Mhz or 2100/1700/900 Mhz on UMTS (for T-Mobile)

Sleek design measuring 4.29" x 2.36" x 0.56" and weighing only 4.3 oz

BlackBerry OS 5.0

Built-in* Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g) with support for Wi-Fi calling via UMA where available

and Macs, and BlackBerry® Media Sync

256 MB Flash memory

microSD/SDHD memory card slot that supports up to 16 GB cards today and is expected to support 32 GB cards when available (a 2GB card is included)

Premium and easy-to-access phone features, background noise suppression technology and high quality speakerphone

“The new BlackBerry Bold 9700 delivers state-of-the-art features and performance in a compact and beautifully designed handset,” said Don Morrison, chief operating officer, Research In Motion. “This sleek and powerful 3G smartphone offers an incredibly refined mobile experience that is ideal for both personal and professional use.”

The BlackBerry Bold 9700 offers easy access to BlackBerry App World™, the official app store for BlackBerry smartphones, enabling customers to browse and download fun and functional mobile applications to their phone. Many applications are readily available directly on the smartphone, such as Slacker Radio for easy access to free music, TeleNav GPS Navigator for turn-by-turn directions, and visual voicemail for easier access and response to voicemails. A hot-swappable microSD/SDHC memory card slot provides additional storage for multimedia files and archiving applications with a 2GB memory card included and support for 32GB cards when available.

T-Mobile plans on selling the Bold 9700 “in time for the holiday season”, I been told Nov 11th, priced at $199.99 with a 2 year contract.

Rogers has also made their announcement saying that the Bold 9700 will be available in the “coming weeks” for $299.99 with a 3 year voice and data activation of $45+.

AT&T is saying that it will be “available in the coming weeks” for $199 after $100 rebate.

Who’s ready for the 9700? I am!
    Last edited by RogerG; 10-21-2009 at 12:20 PM.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Oh man, I have an early upgrade coming up . I wonder if I can still sell my bb . That's it I'm putting up my phone for sale again lol
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Blog Entries
    I would love to pick this device up, if nothing else, for the 3G. However I used my upgrade back in June for my 8900. Oh well, I can wait a few months.
    Last edited by MStrawder; 10-21-2009 at 12:51 PM.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    I would love to pick this device up, if nothing else, for the 3G since. However I used my upgrade back in June for my 8900. Oh well, I can wait a few months.

I also got my 8900 then but I have another line which is due for the early upgrade. I wonder if they'll release Dakota after this one. I really hope they do so I can hold out for it a bit longer
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Blog Entries
    I played with this phone yesterday, and I'm not too fond of the optical track pad, it might just take some getting used to, it's not much different than the trackball, but enough to annoy me LOL. Still a cool phone and it feels good in your palm.

hybrid1976 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    280C1909
    I've got me an early upgrade coming as well. Even though I just got my 8900 in February when it came out.

@ Beeshabo-Where did you get your hands on a working one?

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    Im ready!! i have an upgrade for december but i should be able to get the phone for the 199 or 250$...
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    Oh man, I have an early upgrade coming up . I wonder if I can still sell my bb . That's it I'm putting up my phone for sale again lol
    Again Raton?
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    My 9000 will be getting a new friend...

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Blog Entries

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hybrid1976 View Post
    I've got me an early upgrade coming as well. Even though I just got my 8900 in February when it came out.

@ Beeshabo-Where did you get your hands on a working one?
    A buddy of mine works at AT&T and he had one, so I played with it for a bit, and like I said, not too fond of the pad.

RogerG está en línea ahora Stack Administrator
    Blog Entries
    beesh, what didn't you like about the pad? Did you try adjusting the sensitivity?
    It's always darkest before the dawn, so if you're gonna steal your neighbor's newspaper, that would be the time to do it.

Technical Support Blog | Forum Rules and Guidelines | Theme Posting Rules and Guidelines | Trust Level Explained

JaidedFocus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    262A279E
    So is the track pad going to be standard in all new BlackBerries aside from the Storm? I still like the trackball especially in the 8900

RogerG está en línea ahora Stack Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JaidedFocus View Post
    So is the track pad going to be standard in all new BlackBerries aside from the Storm? I still like the trackball especially in the 8900
    Seems that way.
    It's always darkest before the dawn, so if you're gonna steal your neighbor's newspaper, that would be the time to do it.

Technical Support Blog | Forum Rules and Guidelines | Theme Posting Rules and Guidelines | Trust Level Explained

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JaidedFocus View Post
    Yes, that's the new standard and probably we'll see liquid lens for camera and there are rumors about a new bb with a 5mpx camera

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast