eweek.com : Research In Motion is hiring, Motorola is laying off thousands and the two ... BlackBerry News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

RIM Sues Motorola Over Employee Hiring

Advertisement

eweek.com:
    Research In Motion is hiring, Motorola is laying off thousands and the two cell phone rivals head to court as BlackBerry maker Research in Motion claims Motorola is unfairly blocking former employees from working for RIM.

BlackBerry maker RIM (Research in Motion) is seeking a court order preventing Motorola from blocking its former workers from working for RIM. In a complaint filed last week, RIM claims Motorola is engaging in improper competitive practices by unfairly enforcing a non-disclosure and non-solicitation agreement signed by the two rival cell phone makers in February.
    [Read More]

VR
    VR no está en línea Stack level 3
    i agree with keeping trade secrets safe, need a grace period of about a year. i have to admit motorola is right in this case.
    My blackberry is anti-Obama Bin Llama

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    If i quit a company yes I can see a grace period before being able to work for a competitor but if you lay me off I will go work for whoever I want because by terminating me you make any contract I signed null and void. Or at least that's how it should be. The employees have families to feed and if they are qualified and can do the job why make them bag groceries for $6 bucks an hour when they are used to making $20-$30 + an hour. Of course this is just IMO.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I would have to agree both ways I do believe an agreement is an agreement but I'm with cowboy lay me off I'm doing what I please, if I quit a deal is a deal

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    If i quit a company yes I can see a grace period before being able to work for a competitor but if you lay me off I will go work for whoever I want because by terminating me you make any contract I signed null and void. Or at least that's how it should be. The employees have families to feed and if they are qualified and can do the job why make them bag groceries for $6 bucks an hour when they are used to making $20-$30 + an hour. Of course this is just IMO.

^^ I also concur!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    sorry for the double post
    Last edited by thbassman; 12-31-2008 at 12:42 AM.
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!